• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PlayClassics TRT v2.0f update offer for ASR members

Mario Martinez

Our project is about developing a truly transparent audio recording system. All our albums have been recorded using the same physical setup (same hall, same gear, same mic placement). The only thing that has changed over these years is the calibration. This calibration is just an eq to compensate for the things that could not be corrected on the physical room.

Every time we had some new calibration that we though was a breakthrough we shared it in the forums to check the results:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...2-0-master-file-giveaway-for-asr-members.695/
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...lassics-album-premiere-for-asr-members.11224/

If you have one of our albums from previous threads they will sure have an older calibration. You can see what calibration you have on the tagging of the tracks (if you have calibration 3.x keep in mind that we dropped version 3 altogether). The current version of our calibration is 2.0f. All the albums in our catalogue have been updated to this version.

During the month of February you can take advantage of this offer to download the updated version. You can make use of the offer as many times as you like. We are offering 3 albums for 27€.

All you have to do is go to our web page, click on the "Donate" link at the bottom of the page and enter the amount 27€. Get back here and post which three albums you would like to get and I will send you the codes to download the files.

We offer all our albums in these different formats:
- Master: 24bit 96kHz (available in flac and wav)
- DVD: 24bit 48kHz (available in flac and wav)
- CD: 16bit 44.1kHz (available in flac and wav)
- MP3: VBR 48kHz

Once you enter the code you will be able to download any or all of these formats (which could be useful if you want to do some file format testing)

Here is the link to our web page were you can see all our albums and read about our methodology: Http://www.playclassics.com

You do not need to have a previous version to take advantage of this offer (everyone is welcome)

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

MrGoodbits

Forum Donor
Awesome, thanks! I donated, the albums I want are:
Goldberg Variations
An Evening with Riera
Cabrera Plays Debussy

Do you need my email address so you can match me to the donation?

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

Awesome, thanks! I donated, the albums I want are:
Goldberg Variations
An Evening with Riera
Cabrera Plays Debussy

Do you need my email address so you can match me to the donation?

Thanks James,

I just sent you the codes to the email on the PayPal transaction.

Let me know if you got everything alright.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Hi @Mario Martinez

Please post this content in the Desperate Dealers Subforum.

@Thomas savage Could you please move this thread and others advertising his label there?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Thanks Mario, I'm going to take you up on this offer!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Hey Mario,
I've made the donation, please hook me up with these 3 lovely albums in Master quality.
Quiros - Conversations
Halderen - Stories
Quiros - Debussy Preludes Book 1
Thanks a bunch for the offer and all the rest you've done for our members.
Sal

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Dammit, you got me, and I tossed 27 Euros into the tin cup.

Mozart-Beethoven Wind Quintets
From Russia With Love
Conversations

TungstenC

Took up the offer for such nice recordings.

Mozart - Beethoven Wind Quintets
An evening with Riera
Cabrera plays Debussy

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Our project is about developing a truly transparent audio recording system. All our albums have been recorded using the same physical setup (same hall, same gear, same mic placement). The only thing that has changed over these years is the calibration. This calibration is just an eq to compensate for the things that could not be corrected on the physical room.

Every time we had some new calibration that we though was a breakthrough we shared it in the forums to check the results:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...2-0-master-file-giveaway-for-asr-members.695/
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...lassics-album-premiere-for-asr-members.11224/

If you have one of our albums from previous threads they will sure have an older calibration. You can see what calibration you have on the tagging of the tracks (if you have calibration 3.x keep in mind that we dropped version 3 altogether). The current version of our calibration is 2.0f. All the albums in our catalogue have been updated to this version.

During the month of February you can take advantage of this offer to download the updated version. We are offering 3 albums for 27€.

All you have to do is go to our web page, click on the "Donate" link at the bottom of the page and enter the amount 27€. Get back here and post which three albums you would like to get and I will send you the codes to download the files.

We offer all our albums in these different formats:
- Master: 24bit 96kHz (available in flac and wav)
- DVD: 24bit 48kHz (available in flac and wav)
- CD: 16bit 44.1kHz (available in flac and wav)
- MP3: VBR 48kHz

Once you enter the code you will be able to download any or all of these formats (which could be useful if you want to do some file format testing)

Here is the link to our web page were you can see all our albums and read about our methodology: Http://www.playclassics.com

You do not need to have a previous version to take advantage of this offer (everyone is welcome)

Enjoy :)
Do you update the versions on streaming services, or do something else?

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

Do you update the versions on streaming services, or do something else?

We published our albums on online stores (amazon, itunes, spotify, etc) on february 2019. At that time we were on calibration 2.0b. So that is the calibration that those stores have.

Even though the albums were already published we kept working on our calibration because we believed that we still had margin for a tinny bit of improvement. And after a year we did manage to come up with a more transparent calibration (that would be 2.0f)

We cannot update the files on the online stores; itunes, spotify, etc... (those will remain 2.0b forever) but we did update the files on our servers.

So everything in our web site is updated with the latest calibration 2.0f.

That includes the albums in all of their formats and the mp3 files that we stream in our site (in the album pages and in our player).

Last edited:

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
@jan.didden and I have been running through the recordings. He keeps saying, "Fantastic. Fantastic." I would tend to agree.:cool:

Really fine work there. The only downside is that they are so realistic that they capture all of the mechanical and player noises. I can live with that.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The only downside is that they are so realistic that they capture all of the mechanical and player noises. I can live with that.
They really do capture all those noises, maybe slightly more than live? I'm okay with them too, not sure what the wider market would make of them.

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

Here is a scaled sketch of the recording session. The proportions on this sketch are real. The distance from the listener to the instruments is 8,2' (2,5 meters). At this distance you can hear everything in real life too.

TRTdistance.png

maty

Major Contributor
Money sent.

After listening to all the albums and getting used to the sound excellence, focusing on the interpretation and musicality, my choice:

* Andreu Riera - An evening with Riera
* Ángel Cabrera - Cabrera plays Debussy
* Harmonie du Soir - Mozart - Beethoven Wind Quintets

It has taken me time to choose the third album. In the end I wondered what concert I would like to hear live in my small town, Tarragona, aka Imperial Tarraco.

Last edited:
Top Bottom