• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What electronic audio products you want tested most

What electronics audio product you like to see tested more

• Power and Integrated Amplifiers

Votes: 623 55.2%
  • Headphone Amplifiers

Votes: 181 16.0%
  • Home Theater AVRs

Votes: 301 26.7%
  • Home Theater Processors

Votes: 198 17.5%
  • DACs

Votes: 349 30.9%
  • Streamers

Votes: 258 22.9%
  • Combo DAC and Headphone Amplifiers

Votes: 233 20.6%
  • Phono preamp

Votes: 105 9.3%
  • DSP (digital signal processors)

Votes: 371 32.9%
  • Vintage audio products

Votes: 267 23.6%

• Total voters

artismo

If you ever get your hands on more DAPs, I hope to see more measurements of some of the latest, like the iBasso DX160, Hiby R3 Pro/R5, Fiio M11 Pro with THX and the M15, etc.

Interested in seeing Fiio Q5s with the AMC THX module, the new BTR5, it even IFi Audio’s xDSD and xCAN.

I would predict that for the majority of those products it would require some volunteers. I believe the R3 Pro is $199 and the BTR5 is $149 MSRP.

Also, thanks to you and the user who sent in the Scarlet 2i2 for measurement.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Sub crossovers.

I'd love my Counterpoint NPM amps to be tested but shipping them would cost me an arm and a leg!

I'd like to see more vintage products tested so I can see how much technology has changed over the years.

Siwel

Forum Donor
I'd like to see what the dCS Bartok looks like. It's outside the usual focus of this forum (at $15K for a streamer/DAC/headphone amp) but it is claimed to be the ne plus ultra of one box streaming DACs that could be reasonably aspired to by an extremely dedicated enthusiast willing to part with that much money. It's the current darling of every subjective review I've come across.

Reactions: ENG

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Looking forward to seeing the new Monolith HTP-1 16 channel processor reviewed. Is there a chance somebody got it more right than wrong on one of these? Inquiring minds want to know...

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Given the move to streaming audio, I'd love to see more testing of streamers, streamer/DAC combos etc. There's more than the usual confusion/BS out there regarding these products. And btw, thanks Amir for all your work on our behalf.

Asylum Seeker

I would like the headphone output of the Samsung Tab S4 and Huawei Mate 20X tested, as well as the quality of their aptX Bluetooth signal output.

Asylum Seeker

• Fiio BTR5 in Bluetooth and USB input (from Android phone) modes.
  • Xduoo XD10 Poke

bunkbail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Active crossovers!

Asylum Seeker

bobbooo

Major Contributor
I'd still like to see all the equivalent measurements and graphs you made for the LG G7 done for your Samsung Galaxy S8+ and presented in a standalone review - a large proportion of music listeners on the go still listen via their smartphones, and the audio chip in your S8+ is the same as in the S9 and S10 series, which altogether is a huge number of users, so this would still be a relevant review to a lot of people.

It would be very interesting to see exactly how it compares to the G7 and all the dongles you've reviewed, particularity the Samsung dongle, as it looks like future Samsung smartphones won't have a 3.5mm audio jack, so many would want to know if upgrading to the new phones and having to use the dongle would actually be a downgrade in audio performance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom