• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PlayClassics album premiere for ASR members

Mario Martinez

Once more I am coming back to the forum to share our latest work with you all.

Many of you already know about our research and have greatly contributed to making it work with your valuable feedback. I am extremely grateful for this so I would love to share this last work with you which I think represents the summit of what our technology is able to do.

For those who do not know about our project, these recordings are all made with just two mics. No mixing and mastering involved. Just a stereo pickup and a calibrated system to produce the most transparent possible sound. You can read about it at: http://www.playclassics.com/trtsound

This particular album with sextets for piano and winds by Ravel, Poulenc and Françaix, will be released on February 19th 2020, but as of right now it will be available to all ASR members as a free master file (24/96) download. All you have to do is ask and I will be happy to send you a gift code to download the album.

Of course, as always, feedback is welcome but not mandatory to receive and enjoy your album :)

PC19001 360 (preview).jpg

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I would love to have the release :) Please send me a gift code. Thank you very much.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I downloaded the master flac 24/96 and the imaging is great :) Thank you.

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

I downloaded the master flac 24/96 and the imaging is great :) Thank you.

Thanks Doodski,

For those who do not know about our project, these recordings are all made with just two mics. No mixing and mastering involved. Just a stereo pickup and a calibrated system to produce the most transparent possible sound.

You can read about it at: http://www.playclassics.com/trtsound

Zoomer

Would love to listen, thanks in advance.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks Doodski,

For those who do not know about our project, these recordings are all made with just two mics. No mixing and mastering involved. Just a stereo pickup and a calibrated system to produce the most transparent possible sound.

You can read about it at: http://www.playclassics.com/trtsound
I am using Sennheiser headphones and the imaging is all around my head, left, right, top, diagonally etc and the detail is very precise. I can only imagine what a good pair of speakers would sound like.

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A very nice way to start a Sunday! I would love to give it a try as well. Thanks!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Yes please Mario, a copy would be much appreciated. !

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Once more I am coming back to the forum to share our latest work with you all.

Many of you already know about our research and have greatly contributed to making it work with your valuable feedback. I am extremely grateful for this so I would love to share this last work with you which I think represents the summit of what our technology is able to do.

This particular album with sextets for piano and winds by Ravel, Poulenc and Françaix, will be released on February 19th 2020, but as of right now it will be available to all ASR members as a free master file (24/96) download. All you have to do is ask and I will be happy to send you a gift code to download the album.

Of course, as always, feedback is welcome but not mandatory to receive and enjoy your album :)

View attachment 48367

Would very much appreciate the gift code good sir.
Thank you for your contribution!

maty

Major Contributor

If things are done well, you get a fantastic sound if the interpreters are good, as supposed. High / very high DR?

Se agradecería poder escucharlo
. I want it, please!

q3cpma

Major Contributor
Quite impressive. It doesn't have the "better than real" quality of close micing followed by good mixing/mastering, but it doesn't have (too much of) the muddiness usually associated with this simplistic method. I wouldn't say I prefer it to the former method, but it is close; and the stereo capabilities are well used, especially on Ravel.
I'd say that this is what I imagine when I read audiophiles (mod edit) using the word "analog" to describe sound (even if I know they mostly refer to the faulty sound full of harmonics of tube and bad speakers). This is the "analog" realism they should aim for.

I'm only listening this on a pair of Yamaha HS7 in an untreated room and unequalized system, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom