• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Raikon_N

Massdrop X Meze 99 for 160 USD.

I have HE4XX, HD6XX, HD599, and ATH M40X. Will the meze 99 be different enough from what I already have? If it is, I might get it.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
......I have HE4XX, HD6XX, HD599, and ATH M40X. Will the meze 99 be different enough from what I already have? If it is, I might get it.

I owned the very similar original Meze classics....and now have the (similar to AKG 361) AKG 371s. Yes, I do think the Meze are different enough from what you own that they would be well worth the $$. On the other hand, the Meze and above mentioned AKG 361 are quite simlar. They are easy to drive, closed back, extremely comfortable (low clamp pressure and large pads), over ear phones with a mostly accurate but still fun sound.

I wish I had a pair of Meze here to directly compare...but from my memory the AKG 371 sound every bit as good and are a bit better value if you do not mind the high quality plastics vs almost no plastic construction. It appears that some of the early 371s had manufacturing defects, I have not heard that about the 361s. My 371s are perfect. I will have to check frequency response graphs...but from memory all 3 phones are close to the Harman curve.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Imo its even better than the 371......
So, will the K361 be different enough from the K371 that I already have? :)

Some of the comparison reviews (like Zeos) make me suspicious he got a defective pair of 371s. The K361s seem to be available for less than $80 in the U.S.

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Some of the comparison reviews (like Zeos) make me suspicious he got a defective pair of 371s. The K361s seem to be available for less than $80 in the U.S.
Im not that great with describing headphone Sound, but I had the 371 before. Differences for me:
1. The 371 had really much sub Bass - a bit too much for me.
2. The 361 sure got more sparkle up there (sometimes even a bit too much) BUT I only can listen to the 361 via my Galaxy S8 because i got no amp atm, so it will probably get even better when i can finally get my Topping a50
3. The 361 are really comfortable - they weight nothing.

I tested the 371 with DAC and amp only.

Veri

Master Contributor
AKG K361 on Amazon.de for 86€

Bought two already :p

Just bought them for €80.70 NET:D There's some promotion going on that when you make your first wish list you get a €5 coupon within 48h.
Well, yesterday I made a wish list using the promotion link, got the coupon just now, total bill ended up like so. Thanks for the tip!
Subtotal:EUR 90,94
Discount: -EUR 10,24
Total: EUR 80,70

You might need to change your language to 'DE' german to see/apply for the wish list promo, as well as when using the coupon. Don't know why.

Last edited:

DarrylG

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The K361s are

I noticed that too, but Amazon US, Adorama, and B&H Photo all sell it for around $84, and I wonder if those are safer buys, since they aren't sold through third party sellers.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The highly reviewed Micca RB42 bookshelf speakers are available "Amazon Renewed" for $100 a pair shipped. This is $50 off the standard price. They guarantee they work and look like new, but just 90 day warranty. This appears to be the normal "Renewed" price, but they only just became available, so my guess is they will sell out quickly.

Hard to find a higher quality speaker for $100, though in my experience because of the small dimensions and rear port they are quite location dependent. That is, the bass will vary a lot depending on placement, and they will not fill a large room to concert hall levels. They sound to me like they will provide flattest response well away from a rear wall.

Last edited:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This one is BIG.:eek:

Tidal Hi-Fi Family subscription (up to 5 users)...

... 5€ for 5 months ! You read that right: It's 5€ for 5 months, not 5€/month during 5 months. So 5€ instead of 149€ (usually 29.99€/month).

However, I have no clue if the deal works outside France...

https://www.dealabs.com/bons-plans/...a-5-euros-pour-5-mois-au-lieu-de-9975-1825180

Screenshot_20200123-111833_Chrome.jpg

Then, select Hi-Fi, and Family. All cost the same price, so no reason to not choose the highest offering! ;)

I just cancelled my actual subscription and started with the new one (will save 95€ until June and will be able to share Tidal with my daughter! :))

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This one is BIG.:eek:

Tidal Hi-Fi Family subscription (up to 5 users)...

... 5€ for 5 months ! You read that right: It's 5€ for 5 months, not 5€/month during 5 months. So 5€ instead of 149€ (usually 29.99€/month).

However, I have no clue if the deal works outside France...

https://www.dealabs.com/bons-plans/...a-5-euros-pour-5-mois-au-lieu-de-9975-1825180

View attachment 47068

Then, select Hi-Fi, and Family. All cost the same price, so no reason to not choose the highest offering! ;)

I just cancelled my actual subscription and started with the new one (will save 95€ until June and will be able to share Tidal with my daughter! :))

1579775244001.png

Top Bottom