• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Member profile pics

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Some really good member profile pics here on ASR. If you're so inclined feel free to share a high(er)-res version of your photo and a brief explainer.

Mine is pretty straightforward: it's Rick ...

rick_C-137.jpg

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Funny, I was a COMSOL beta tester many years ago but have not used it since...

My avatar is my trumpet, literally. A semi-custom design by Flip Oakes called the Wild Thing (www.flipoakes.com -- Flip is an incredibly nice guy in addition to being a player and instrument designer). I still play though am no longer in any regular groups; maybe when I get more time I can get back into bands and such. Did OK on the local Christmas production, including the picc trumpet solo stuck on the next to last song (why do they do that?)

Silver_WT.png

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
1579221120784.png

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
1579222042357.png

Paulina Porizkova. I like pretty avatars.

I've used this one of Yvonne DeCarlo before.
1579222197835.png

And I think I used this one of Rita Hayworth for a time.
1579222367856.png

Nothing to compare with Ray's Devine avatar of course. ;)

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thiel Audio Coherent Source CS3.7 walnut. Love them!
DSC_6370.JPG

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

Newk Yuler

Paulina Porizkova. I like pretty avatars.

I appreciate this choice but she doesn't look like that anymore. She smoked cigarettes and didn't take good care of herself at least for a while when she was younger. Still, she was super nice at least in the period of time this picture was taken. When she hooked up with Ric Ocasek (RIP) it gave a little bit of hope to weird looking geeky guys all over the world. Everytime I see your avatar all that briefly runs through my mind. :)

Newk Yuler

A bride I took picture of at a Shinto wedding in Tokyo @ Meji Shrine.

One of the most iconic avatars in all of ASR. So what exactly does it represent personally other than you took the pic? Your man Tom Savage with another iconic avatar has a giant horse's ass as an avatar. Beautiful horse anyway. Like, everybody must be saying something with their avatars... :p

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I appreciate this choice but she doesn't look like that anymore. She smoked cigarettes and didn't take good care of herself at least for a while when she was younger. Still, she was super nice at least in the period of time this picture was taken. When she hooked up with Ric Ocasek (RIP) it gave a little bit of hope to weird looking geeky guys all over the world. Everytime I see your avatar all that briefly runs through my mind. :)
Yeah, well she is hardly alone in that. I was young and handsome way back when too. Not anymore, and I didn't even smoke. I blame stress of work, but everyone has to have some excuse. Otherwise.........................................

Newk Yuler

Just a selfie while listening to a conference call somewhere in the Bronx on the Metro North

This is an excellent example of "If you're vain enough to use a selfie it should be free of pretention and very, very cool." Good job.

BTW, the kid in my avatar is not me. His name is Iain Armitage. Most of my forum avatars are some form of Sheldon Cooper. I'm not admitting anything about what it says about me other than some of my friends say I remind them of him.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
One of the most iconic avatars in all of ASR. So what exactly does it represent personally other than you took the pic?
Very fond memories. They would have a bunch of weddings back to back on Sundays (?). I would usually plan by trips to Japan to finish then. I would go there, take my pictures and then rush back to the hotel pack and go on long ride to airport. No matter how good or bad the meetings in japan were, the ending this way was always good.

Newk Yuler

Cover of one of my favourite albums: (1995) Psychonauts - Alchemy

Good example of an avatar that says something about them. I especially appreciate yours because I like this kind of music a lot. My headphone rig idles on SomaFM Drone Zone 24/7. Friends and acquaintances shake their heads when I say I like ambient electronic. I think they have no realistic idea of what it is, thinking it's all just weird and musically useless. I usually won't bother to try to enlighten them. :cool:

I'll stop now but I really appreciate this thread. IMO avatars should say something about who they represent even if it isn't especially obvious.

Top Bottom