• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAD partners with Purifi, working on an Eigentakt amplifier

rajapruk

Forum Donor
Someone in the US, please send Amir a properly implemented Hypex nc400-kit for re-test!

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Speaking of which:

NAD just announced the M33 at CES!

Streamer, DAC, integrated amp with Purifi, headamp, DIRAC, touchscreen, bluetooth... Kind of a do-it-all stellar piece of gear...

nad_m33_front__large_full.jpg

nad_m33_3-4__large_full.jpg

nad_m33_rear__large_full.jpg

https://nadelectronics.com/nad-mast...purifis-ultra-quiet-amplification-technology/

Now, NAD has to send this beast to @amirm. :cool:

Last edited:
OP
R

reza

This looks like a very appealing package: Great performing amp, Dirac, and elegant looks. $5k MSRP will be what on the street, $4k? They should be able to sell a lot of these.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor

slingshot

NAD 33 specs
  • Continuous Power: 200W into 8/4 Ohms
The Purifi amp is rated at 425 watts at 4 ohms. Did they lower it? If so, why? This is one of the major advantages of this amp.
  • ESS Sabre DAC - which one? They don’t disclose it, not a good sign.
I just purchased the Topping D90 with the AK 4499 chip. I could connect it to the NAD. It has subwoofer outputs and analog inputs which I need and Dirac.

I will look into it and obtain more info.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Purifi amp is rated at 425 watts at 4 ohms.
No one said that is a 1ET400A inside.
This is one of the major advantages of this amp.
We're still unable to see any tiers-measurements where the 1ET400A reaches that power. Max power measured by @amirm is still stuck at 267W/4ohms before clipping. And this was with two SMPS1200.
ESS Sabre DAC - which one? They don’t disclose it, not a good sign.
Not necessarily. And the DAC chip doesn't matter until we see how it performs on the bench. Considering the price, don't expect an ES9023.

SnowRang3r

NAD 33 specs
The Purifi amp is rated at 425 watts at 4 ohms. Did they lower it? If so, why? This is one of the major advantages of this amp.
  • ESS Sabre DAC - which one? They don’t disclose it, not a good sign.
I just purchased the Topping D90 with the AK 4499 chip. I could connect it to the NAD. It has subwoofer outputs and analog inputs which I need and Dirac.

I will look into it and obtain more info.

The NAD M10 is confirmed to use a ES9028Pro. I assume since this is much higher up it's probably using the ES9038Pro, but that's just my best guess.

slingshot

No one said that is a 1ET400A inside.

We're still unable to see any tiers-measurements where the 1ET400A reaches that power. Max power measured by @amirm is still stuck at 267W/4ohms before clipping. And this was with two SMPS1200.

Not necessarily. And the DAC chip doesn't matter until we see how it performs on the bench. Considering the price, don't expect an ES9023.

Ok, I didn't know that Purifi has another amp. I would want the 1ET400A

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
NAD 33 specs

NAD are probably being realistic and adhering to power output rating standards around the world, a refreshingly welcome contrast to the ambitious numbers the module manufacturers use.

slingshot

That's why we need a review from Amir or someone else. I am no hurry to buy one.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Tough crowd. :mad:
Number crushers!
Come on People!!
An interesting all-in-one solution in an elegant, understated package (Phono, Line, Headphone amplifier, DAC with USB, SPDIF, Optical, Bluetooth , Ethernet and even HDMI, Power Amplifier, DIRAC Room Correction, perhaps Roon-ready, streamer. Bluetooth, Pre Out, RS-232 control, WiFi, etc ...) . . A (likely) transparent 2-channel audio hub, for $5K... Not a bad price if you ask me. One thing about Bruno involvement is that the likelihood of top-tier performances is high
If you want a wider soundstage , blackest backs or better PRaT , you can always get the Gryphon Diablo for 3 times the price, but I don't think it is a streamer.:p

Last edited:

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Tough crowd. :mad:
Number crushers!
Come on People!!
An interesting all-in-one solution in an elegant, understated package (Phono, Line, Headphone amplifier, DAC with USB, SPDIF, Optical, Bluetooth , Ethernet and even HDMI, Power Amplifier, DIRAC Room Correction, perhaps Roon-ready, streamer. Bluetooth, Pre Out, RS-232 control, WiFi, etc ...) . . A (likely) transparent 2-channel audio hub, for $5K... Not a bad price if you ask me. One thing about Bruno involvement is that the likelihood of top-tier performances is high
If you want a wider soundstage , blackest backs or better PRaT , you can always get the Gryphon Diablo for 3 times the price, but I don't think it is a streamer.:p

If / when they officially add Roon, I might have to compare it to my Devialet.

(no DIRAC on the Devialet)

But I think the screen looks stupid. I hope it can be turned off.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
But I think the screen looks stupid. I hope it can be turned off.

Surely there will be a function where it turns off after a few seconds. An LCD screen on any HiFi component is just putrid.

The Benchmark HPA4 display is equally hideous:
1578973061316.png

Top Bottom