• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Alternate version of JBL 305P and JBL BT volume control

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Came across what seems to be China market specific versions of the JBL 3 series speakers.
These are the 305p equivalents, there are other sizes in the line up too. 3", 4", 5", 6" and 8".

https://jblpro.com/zh/product_families/nano-k-series

They call it the Nano K. Interesting in that its front ported, front volume control and a VU in front too. Specs are similar though higher powered than the 305p. But very important difference from the 3 series, these are powered using Class A/B amps ... not Class D ! Which probably means they will run warm !

But lower top end frequency response from the specs though.

-1002633246.jpg
-1364033585.jpg

Need to add this interesting device from JBL, a BT enabled volume controller cum streamer for powered speakers.
From what is their press release, seems that it can allow volume control via BT of active speakers connecting through them or used as an independent BT streamer.

https://jblpro.com/en-asia/products/nano-kx

jbl_nanokx_01-z_original_original.jpg
12796ea8-3a25-4e80-89ea-bf1d52fc3662.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2944

No visible heatsinks and no (obvious) ventilation for the rear panel. I suspect the Class AB designation is a misprint.

Dave.

OP
maxxevv

maxxevv

Major Contributor

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Seems like they were redesigned for broader appeal? The VU meters bring a smile.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is ASR. Subjective views are frown upon...

These are tacky, butt-ugly. Perhaps they sound the same ... Pressure for increased sales in the World's largest market, I guess...

OP
maxxevv

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Seems like they were redesigned for broader appeal? The VU meters bring a smile.

Its a separate line from the 3 series. So its probably not.

But the added/modified features differing from the 3 series are interesting.

This is ASR. Subjective views are frown upon...

These are tacky, butt-ugly. Perhaps they sound the same ... Pressure for increased sales in the World's largest market, I guess...

Where's the subjective view here ?

pos

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
That is probably the worst possible place to put a vu meter in, especially for a near-field two way speaker.

music_lover

I own the K3. I can confirm there is zero hiss from the tweeters at any distance. They are surprisingly good for the price($150). The soundstage is wide and imaging is precise. The waveguide is the highlight of this speaker. It doesn't go very low into the low frequencies due to the small size.

Last edited:

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
these are so awful they are actually kind of cool

i like the stupid VU meters, I like awful aesthtetic... which says a lot about the intended audience... only sold in India and China... so can 2 bil. people be wrong? yeah most likely

i wonder why they changed from class d to class a/b?

Top Bottom