• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PC Media Player Remote Control

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I've been wishing for a remote that I could control my media player and other functions of my Linux PC music server. After doing a bit of looking around I found the Sanoxy remote and since it's so cheap (under $10 on ebay) I decided to give it a try.. Bingo! Very Kool, it works plug&play in both my Linux and Win 10 installs. Handles all the basic functions in my media players, (Strawberry, Cantata, DeadBeef, etc) like Play, Pause, Next Track, etc. Occasionaly it introduces a quirk in the general PC operation but nothing major and easily worked around. If your interested give it a try, for under $10 ($5 if your willing to wait of shipping from China) how can you lose. Might even work with Roon or whatever fancy player you use.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-U...634394?hash=item261f95489a:g:jKcAAOSwfHpdBxM6

1.600x600.jpg

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
1.600x600.jpg

1. Will it control volume?
2. Have you tried it with Jriver?

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
1. Will it control volume?
2. Have you tried it with Jriver?
1. Yes, it will control the system volume as represented by the volume control on your taskbar in either Windows or Linux.
But my Linux Strawberry music server bypasses all that delivering the datastream unmolested directly to the AVR. The AVR then is the only place volume can be adjusted when playing music files.
2. No, I don't have Jriver installed anywhere. sorry.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
1. Yes, it will control the system volume as represented by the volume control on your taskbar in either Windows or Linux.
But my Linux Strawberry music server bypasses all that delivering the datastream unmolested directly to the AVR. The AVR then is the only place volume can be adjusted when playing music files.
2. No, I don't have Jriver installed anywhere. sorry.
Thanks. Not optimistic but I'll take a chance for $5.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
If Jriver works with the media keys on a USB keyboard it should work with that remote. It's a good find, but I dread to think how they can make and deliver it for $5! I've been using LIRC with the remote from my PCI DVB-S card.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I overpaid because I lack patience.
Incredible that first, the darn thing doesn't reflect it's low cost, it seems nicely made. Second, how can they ship stuff like this around the world for such a low cost, it cost me $.55 to mail a letter cross town.???? :facepalm:

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Incredible that first, the darn thing doesn't reflect it's low cost, it seems nicely made. Second, how can they ship stuff like this around the world for such a low cost, it cost me $.55 to mail a letter cross town.???? :facepalm:
It costs me $1.75 to get myself across town.

Top Bottom