• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2020 Corvette Convertible $66,400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
What an incredible engineering accomplishment by Chevrolet
Nothing like it at twice the money.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We live in a great age of affordable super stuFF :)

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
When Detroit gets serious...

Meanwhile my dream car is a Tahoe with the 6.2.
I find it difficult to get in and out of the Vette at my age so, yep, a Chrysler SUV might get the call for me. A Dodge Durango with the 475hp 6.4 Hemi would be a $ compromise but otherwise it would be the 707hp 6.4 Supercharged Hemi in the Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Can you see the massive 4 wheel burnouts! :eek:
What I really want is a Ram pickup with one of those engines. I don't know why Chrysler is holding out, we've been begging for years now.

NTomokawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Can you see the massive 4 wheel burnouts! :eek:
Yes, followed by the transfer case replacement bill!

I checked out the Durango/Grand Cherokee when I was shopping for a three-row crossover, but even the base models cost way too much.

I'd love to try Ford's new 7.3L pushrod V8, though I have very little use for pickup trucks.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Wow. What an incredible car. It's just beautiful.

edit: Holy crap, they are going to produce it in RH drive! Aussies will love it!

Last edited:
OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
With a power convertible hardtop like that I can't imagine why anyone would buy the coupe, just to save $5k?
It's got such a freakin beautiful roof line.
You'd probably get that $ back on the resale.

NTomokawa

Forum Donor
I shudder when I see the new Toyota Supra. I'm just not attracted to it. It's the sum of all the design angles and bulges.
They are trying really hard to hide the Bavarian bits. The bizarre front-end intakes/splitters are a huge turn-off for me.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
@Sal1950 that price is for a base car which lacks a lot of stuff most cars at that price level have. Most notably, memory seats. I was seriously interested in the coupe, but was put off by very limited luggage space. There isn't enough for 2 people to take a road trip if one is a typical woman.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Finally saw one on the street earlier this week. Unfortunately going the other way so other than seeing what it was didn't see much.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Sal1950 that price is for a base car which lacks a lot of stuff most cars at that price level have. Most notably, memory seats. I was seriously interested in the coupe, but was put off by very limited luggage space. There isn't enough for 2 people to take a road trip if one is a typical woman.
Geez, the base model doesn’t even have heated/cooled seats or an auto-dimming mirror.

Using their builder site, one I would want would be $74K.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I shudder when I see the new Toyota Supra. I'm just not attracted to it. It's the sum of all the design angles and bulges.
From that angle is looks like they took the back of a Porcha 911 and mated it to the front of a Datsun 240Z Fugly

NTomokawa

Forum Donor
Geez, the base model doesn’t even have heated/cooled seats or an auto-dimming mirror.
It's a "sports car", not a "grand tourer". The Ferrari F40, the first production car to (more or less) attain the mythical barrier of 200 MPH, had strings to close the doors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom