• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which Came First, the Chicken or the Egg?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
I don't know, somebody help me!

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
God created chicken, which created eggs I believe.
Or he created eggs.
I don't remember well.

Shadrach

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The mistake is to believe the chicken arrived in a flash of light at a particular point in time.
It seems likely that what weren't chickens, were already laying eggs before chickens laid eggs, and before they became chickens.:)
So, there were eggs before there were chickens.
Who's this god person?

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The mistake is to believe the chicken arrived in a flash of light at a particular point in time.
It seems likely that what weren't chickens, were already laying eggs before chickens laid eggs, and before they became chickens.:)
So, there were eggs before there were chickens.
Who's this god person?

Coral like animals were laying them 600 million years ago, according to this... https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/01/070123092655.htm

Shadrach

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sorry about the post above. One of the chickens read the OP and thought it an easy enough question for her to answer. :p:D
P1261381.JPG

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
What if the answer is 42?

Fregly

Chickens or eggs first I do not know. But if you really look into the eyes of a rooster you will see pure evil.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:
OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
You think to deterministic try to think in a superposition than Both are true. Spock would think like this i guess.:facepalm:
Dr. Manhattan?

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Dr. Manhattan?
The comic figuere i'm listening right now at the remaster of Jimmy Hendrix Electric ladyland sound is also behind me And i'm using nothing probably by the end of the album i got your answer.o_O

Last edited:

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The egg came first - by a billion years or more

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Chris Langan says, in an essay that isn't available online anymore:
The question “which came first, the chicken or the egg?” looks at first glance like a matter of straightforward reproductive biology. But before we can even begin to answer this question, we must define our terms. So actually, it is a classic case of semantic ambiguity… a problem of meaning and interpretation. Specifically, while the term “chicken” is biologically unambiguous – we all know what a chicken looks, sounds and tastes like – the term “egg” is somewhat more general and is therefore a possible source of ambiguity. Do we mean (1) just any egg, or (2) a chicken egg? And if we’re talking about a chicken egg, then is a “chicken egg” (2a) an egg laid by a chicken, (2b) an egg containing a chicken, or (2c) both? Reformulating the question to reflect each possible meaning of “egg” leads to four distinct versions of the chicken-or-egg question.

1. Which came first, the chicken or (just any old) egg?

2a. Which came first, the chicken or an egg laid by a chicken?

2b. Which came first, the chicken or an egg containing a chicken?

2c. Which came first: the chicken, or an egg laid by and containing a chicken?

Contrary to popular belief, there is indeed a definite answer to each of these questions. Specifically, the answers are: (1) The egg. (2a) The chicken. (2b) The egg. (2c) The chicken

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

Robin L

Master Contributor
Parthenogenesis.

And that's my final answer.

Cortes

I'm struggling to say something intelligent here, but definitvely is beyond my capacity :facepalm:

Top Bottom