• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Topping DX3Pro LDAC/V2

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
In the Should Topping send Amir a DX3Pro LDAC/V2 to test? thread, someone asked me if I could measure DX3Pro LDAC/V2. Considering that this unit was not in my purchase plan, I borrowed one from Topping.

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

From its Amazon price of $ 219.99, it seems that it should not be too much to complain about appearance, texture, build quality, etc.
But if you are critical, you can blame the quality of the RCA / COAX connector.
The touch of the surface treatment is very good, and I really like how it feels when touched --- the sound from the friction of the touch is not soft enough.
The encoder switch has good damping and positioning feel. However, the sound is slightly "fluffy", which is not good enough ...

Well, forget the nonsense above ... Measure it!

Part I: DAC
COAXin.jpg

USBin.jpg

Linearity-(-20.jpg

Relative-Level-(1.jpg
THD+N-Ratio.jpg
SMPTE-Ratio.jpg
Multitone.jpg

Part 2: Headphone output

300RDash.jpg

50RDash.jpg

HP-Dynamic-Range---AES17.jpg

HP-Linearity-(-20.jpg

HP-50R-530mw-Out.jpg

HP-SMPTE-Ratio.jpg

50R-Multitone.jpg

output impedance:

Output.jpg

IMO: The headphone output is actually not good enough (sorry, this conclusion does not consider the price). But the DAC part is doing well.

The price is beyond reproach.

BTW: Bluetooth testing may have to wait a few days, my adapter has not arrived yet.

Last edited:

thomasjast

Thank you for doing this!

Damn, that linearity is looking bonkers. Are you able to test headphone output impedance or output power at 300ohm?

OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Forum Donor
Thank you for doing this!

Damn, that linearity is looking bonkers. Are you able to test headphone output impedance or output power at 300ohm?
Ah, I forgot to measure the output impedance ... After a while, I take care of my family first.

PianoDar

From my reading, this is as good or better than V1? (other than the higher output impedance)

NTomokawa

Forum Donor
The two channels measure differently in SINAD and linearity. Interesting. Channel mismatch...?

MattH5

IMO: The headphone output is actually not good enough (sorry, this conclusion does not consider the price).

The price is beyond reproach.

For someone who isn't great at reading these graphs... could you (or anyone) comment further on these points please? :)

BTW I got this for $165 on Drop. That deal is sold out now. Interestingly, it was shipped straight from China so they've obviously got some arrangement there. Not sure if it'll be that price again but worth watching for it if you're interested.

ninetylol

Thank you for the measurements. Glad Ive chosen the Topping D50S instead :O

@WolfX-700 did you also get a sample of the Topping A50? Really want to See how it measures.

Last edited:

jani80k

So is it better or worse than the V1? :D
Much worse. Output Impedance is 20 times as high. This device would not have been recommended by Amir I think.

jani80k

Yuno

Ok, now i understand. Can i use 35ohms headphones with this? I have the Audio Technica M40x and i really like them.
You can, but it's not ideal. Output impedance of amp should be 1/8 of headphones impedance, in this case around 4Ohm. I would recommend getting atom as amp with dac of choice instead.

Top Bottom