• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Stuff that makes you go "hmmmm."

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
You have to wonder the who, how, and why of, the first guy that looked at a chicken and said,
"I think I'm gonna eat the next thing that pops out of that chickens butt " ? :eek:

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
You have to wonder the who, how, and why of, the first guy that looked at a chicken and said,
"I think I'm gonna eat the next thing that pops out of that chickens butt " ? :eek:

I have a theory about how people came to eat weird / gross foods:

1. Saw an animal eat one, saw animal didn't die.

2. Desperately hungry enough that you'll eat a bug, spoiled cabbage, sea snail, etc.

What I find fascinating about milk drinking in humans is that lactose tolerance is a fairly recent mutation and not all human societies have the gene.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
After that success, I wonder how the idea of eating things from animals bums went for them...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
After that success, I wonder how the idea of eating things from animals bums went for them...
:D
Could that be the root of the term "your just chicken schitt"?

Old Listener

I imagine that humans were raiding birds' nests for eggs long before they domesticated chickens. Taking eggs from a nest doesn't require much thought about exactly how that egg came to be.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I imagine that humans were raiding birds' nests for eggs long before they domesticated chickens. Taking eggs from a nest doesn't require much thought about exactly how that egg came to be.

Before they were even homo sapiens....lots of animals raid bird eggs.

BeepPeep_61

Just last night my digital multimeter showed signs of "dementia" from low battery and since in the drawer where I keep the stocks, the only 9 volt was without packaging .... I didn't think to try it with one of the other multimeters I have but I used the language, as I learned to do as a kid .... so long ago! :):):facepalm::facepalm::D:D

Tks

Major Contributor
Using your tongue as a voltmeter.....

This is what audiophiles need to be doing if they want to be consistent in their methodology of ascertaining truth. You know.. those who say we don't need analyzers or machines telling them what something is as a matter of fact, and their own senses could never be compared to what machines could detect.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
This is what audiophiles need to be doing if they want to be consistent in their methodology of ascertaining truth. You know.. those who say we don't need analyzers or machines telling them what something is as a matter of fact, and their own senses could never be compared to what machines could detect.

Or the opposite.

If properly under the influence, my sound system improves immensely, while the microphones say it is the same.

Reactions: Tks

murraycamp

Forum Donor
th.jpg

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Wellcome Tks, I bet you will blend among us males well. Let's go to sauna!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I wonder how we Finns will manage now....
Finn voters have lost there minds, no matter how many distorted photo clips someone can put together. :p
You must have CNN news over there. o_O

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Finland may not be as unmanageable as some other countries...

Population
• July 2019 estimate

11px-Increase2.svg.png
5,521,158[

Top Bottom