• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli new headphone amps were released.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
ARCHEL2 PRO
$129.99 usd
https://geshelli.com/archel2-pro
1575015991732.png
1575015995194.png

1575017360022.png

Review:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...hel2-headphone-amp-review-another-champ.9438/

and

ARCHEL2.5 PRO
$159.99 usd
https://geshelli.com/archel2-5-pro
1575016050548.png
1575016054187.png

1575017338055.png

EDIT:
I have no association with Geshelli.
Both their DAC and headphone amps don't work for my use case.
Geshelli's DAC doesnt have USB input => which I require in order to connect my pc. I chose Topping D10 instead.
Geshelli's headphone amps don't have pre-amp => Which I require in order to connect my Studio Monitors. I chose JDS Labs Atom instead.
Your use case may vary.

Last edited:

debunker

The 2.5 looks phenomenal. I don't think there's anything else out there that can come even close to this level of price-performance ratio with balanced inputs. Congrats to the Geshelli team. This is definitely going on my medium-term "to buy" list for a monitoring solution on my location recording gigs.

cleareyes

as someone buying my first amp to drive the hd6xx, should I get the archel2 or 2.5? Would these be a better choice than the bottlehead crack?

headwhacker

Forum Donor
I just received the my Archel2 Pro. I have ordered 2.5 just now in support of Geshelli making awesome product at this pricepoint. If 2.5 measures the same as the 2, then it's all good.

headwhacker

Forum Donor
as someone buying my first amp to drive the hd6xx, should I get the archel2 or 2.5? Would these be a better choice than the bottlehead crack?
Either one should be fine. I think the question is which DAC are you using? If it has a balanced output then 2.5 is the better choice. Otherwise the 2 is just fine and you save a few bucks.

cleareyes

Either one should be fine. I think the question is which DAC are you using? If it has a balanced output then 2.5 is the better choice. Otherwise the 2 is just fine and you save a few bucks.
I don't have a dac yet. This is my first foray into buying amps/dacs. If you have a dac recommendation to go with this amp I'd be very happy. Also, should I care about balanced/unbalanced?

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't have a dac yet. This is my first foray into buying amps/dacs. If you have a dac recommendation to go with this amp I'd be very happy. Also, should I care about balanced/unbalanced?
It's good to be able to connect two devices at the same time.

Geshelli

Audio Company
Have you a commercial interest here @sweetchaos ?

It's no problem if you have I just will need to move the thread to another part of the forum.

Cheers
Geshelli Labs does not have any affiliates or have any commercial/financial interests with any other parties, organizations, or commercial entities. If we post, it is under the Geshelli name.

digititus

The Pro is listed as $149 with 7% off for $139. Certainly not $129 as stated by the OP.

OP
sweetchaos

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Have you a commercial interest here @sweetchaos ?

It's no problem if you have I just will need to move the thread to another part of the forum.

Cheers

What makes you think I have an interest?
I saw that no one mentioned that both products came out, so i did.
So if a product comes out, I can't talk about it? :rolleyes:

Also, the prices showing now are different than last Friday, it seems to have changed.
If a company wants to, they can change prices at anytime.
I don't see how that has anything to do with me.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
So if a product comes out, I can't talk about it?

"talking about" a product usually involves more commentary than a cut and paste of the website information followed by nothing. By all means start a conversation on the product, but add some value.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
So if a product comes out, I can't talk about it? :rolleyes:

Also, the prices showing now are different than last Friday, it seems to have changed.
If a company wants to, they can change prices at anytime.
I don't see how that has anything to do with me.
Because there's absolutely nothing relating to you in your advertisement for these products.

'You' have not " talked about it " you have cut and pasted marketing copy and linked a favourable review, all put together like a page ad in a magazine oh and you have 5 posts to your name. Begs the question!

I asked you politely about your status ( With very good reason as this is my job) , in return you've been very defensive and a little rude . Not a good start for you, hopefully this won't be typical of you.

Svperstar

I really wish they did USB

deafenears

Forum Donor
I really wish they did USB
They explained why a while back, in another thread:
There are many reasons why have not added USB to our products.

Geno (my other half) worked from the early through mid-2000’s on embedded USB designs. His main job at the time was working on boxes to give folks with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) a voice. He was solely responsible for this function and has a vast amount of experience in USB design and requirements.

When we set out to design our first DAC, we had to consider that USB audio requires a strong support infrastructure to handle drivers, upgrades, OS issues, Windows/MAC operating system issues, etc. At this time, we simply do not have the staff to support the level of effort required for this.

But that doesn't mean it won't change.
We do listen to what people want to see in our products. We talk about the demand for USB. In a future designs and growth, we may be able to conquer the above concerns and still maintain the level of customer support and service that we have set for ourselves.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
I have the archel2 Pro and its a great amp. I honestly haven't used my THX 789 since it came in. This amp has plenty of power even for planars.

Tizziano

[QUOTE = "sweetchaos, publicación: 276372, miembro: 11278"] ARCHEL2 PRO
$ 129.99 usd
View attachment 40726View attachment 40727
View attachment 40735
Revisión:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...hel2-headphone-amp-review-another-champ.9438/

y

ARCHEL2.5 PRO
$ 159.99 usd
View attachment 40729View attachment 40730
View attachment 40734

EDITAR:
No tengo asociación con Geshelli.
Tanto su DAC como los amplificadores de auriculares no funcionan para mi caso de uso.
El DAC de Geshelli no tiene entrada USB => que necesito para conectar mi PC. Elegí Topping D10 en su lugar.
Los amplificadores de auriculares de Geshelli no tienen preamplificador => que necesito para conectar mis monitores de estudio. Elegí JDS Labs Atom en su lugar.
Su caso de uso puede variar. [/ QUOTE]
ARCHEL2 PRO
$129.99 usd
View attachment 40726View attachment 40727
View attachment 40735
Review:

and

ARCHEL2.5 PRO
$159.99 usd
View attachment 40729View attachment 40730
View attachment 40734

EDIT:
I have no association with Geshelli.
Both their DAC and headphone amps don't work for my use case.
Geshelli's DAC doesnt have USB input => which I require in order to connect my pc. I chose Topping D10 instead.
Geshelli's headphone amps don't have pre-amp => Which I require in order to connect my Studio Monitors. I chose JDS Labs Atom instead.
Your use case may vary.
Sorry for my dumb question, I'm new.
What is the pre-amplifier for? The amplifier is not only necessary for your monitors to sound? Regards.

OP
sweetchaos

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
In my use case, I'm connecting my pc via USB Type-A to DAC (Topping D10)'s USB Type-B input, then I'm connecting RCA cables from the DAC's RCA out to the headphone amplifier (JDS Labs Atom)'s RCA input. After that, i connect my studio monitors to the headphone amp (JDS Lab Atom)'s RCA output. I plug my headphones into the headphone amp. Once connected, the volume knob on the headphone amp (JDS Labs Atom) allows me to control the volume for either the headphones or the studio monitors.

If you're considering the Geshelli's headphone amps, then you'll connect any DAC's RCA/XLR to the Geshelli's headphone amps RCA/XLR inputs. Then you connect your headphones to the headphone amp. However, this case scenario doesnt work when you want to add studio monitors (without a DAC built-in) to the setup.

Top Bottom