• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please help me with Vituix

T.Serjeant

Look I have literally just installed Vituix and have only watched a few videos on how to make a speaker (eq and shit) so I can agree I have no idea what i'm doing. I'm doing this for a project for some reason so bear with me...

I have chosen some drivers on parts express and downloaded the files that give me the frequency and impedance responses and tried to put them into Vituix but it just wont show me a graph. I've spent a good two hours on this but maybe i'm just being an idiot or its the wrong files or something.

Once I can see the graphs i'm sure I can figure some stuff out.

Any help at all would be amazing,

Many thanks,

Theo

Attachments

• Vituix.png
    Vituix.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 217

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Run a "wire" from the driver to the positive leg on the crossover tab.

It probably took me half an hour to figure that out the first time I tried VCAD.

Reactions: 617
OP
T

T.Serjeant

Run a "wire" from the driver to the positive leg on the crossover tab.

It probably took me half an hour to figure that out the first time I tried VCAD.

Thank you so much, that wasn't so hard!

Also, if I want to have two tweeters and two woofers in my design, do I add the same files to another driver tab or just use one set of files?

Juhazi

Major Contributor
VCAD is actually collection of modules for different tasks. The user must learn to understand a lot of loudspeaker design to use it productively.
Introduction and help is available on many other forums and in Youtube. Homepage helps...

https://kimmosaunisto.net/Software/Software.html

VituixCAD

Main program
Enclosure tool
Merger tool
Calculator tool
Diffraction simulator
SPL Trace
Auxiliary calculator
Convert IR to FR
Video lessons
Discussion forums
Installation
How to start working with VituixCAD

OP
T

T.Serjeant

VCAD is actually collection of modules for different tasks. The user must learn to understand a lot of loudspeaker design to use it productively.
Introduction and help is available on many other forums and in Youtube. Homepage helps...

https://kimmosaunisto.net/Software/Software.html

VituixCAD

Main program
Enclosure tool
Merger tool
Calculator tool
Diffraction simulator
SPL Trace
Auxiliary calculator
Convert IR to FR
Video lessons
Discussion forums
Installation
How to start working with VituixCAD

I’ve watched a bit of Kirby Meets Audio on YouTube and I’m sort of going through the process with him. I have played a lot of music and understand what you want to get out of a crossover and what the graph should look like. I’m not hoping for some professional grade speaker system but more something to use every now and then for parties that sounds reasonably good and is relatively loud.

I’m just going to mess around with it a bit and see how close I can get it to what I want.

Top Bottom