• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

No objective reality...?

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Yes, at the quantum level the things we normally think of as reality goes out the window. Luckily things change more and more into something of probabilistic nature when the number of quantum packages interacting increases. The unfathomable amount of elementary particles that makes up our existence has an average behaviour that is practically incapable of deviating from what we call reality.

At least that's how I see it. I bet there's a snake oil vendor or two who would interpret it in a different way :)

Tks

Major Contributor
Reminds me of Deontalogical sophistry that modern day morons employ..

So annoying. These sorts of ideas are readily co-opted by the least science believers. Whenever they need to self destruct any debate, they will bring this up as if they discovered it or something they're super familiar with.

The simply retort being our function of perception and just general space-time based existence isn't directly impacted upon the physics based on the small quantum level. But this doesn't stop such people of using this and merging if with the fallacy from ignorance.

In the worst case scenario, you can see people trying to make money off such things "Quatum treated $10,000 cables" (I'm not joking here, this is an actual product).

Likewise in spheres outside of audio, you can get people saying the stupidest shit like "you can't be thirsty, on the sub atomic level there is no liquid or states of matter, thus by logical extension thirst doesn't exist".

I get nauseated even thinking about these sorts of overnight intellectuals.

OP
BDWoody

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Reminds me of Deontalogical sophistry that modern day morons employ..

So annoying. These sorts of ideas are readily co-opted by the least science believers. Whenever they need to self destruct any debate, they will bring this up as if they discovered it or something they're super familiar with.

The simply retort being our function of perception and just general space-time based existence isn't directly impacted upon the physics based on the small quantum level. But this doesn't stop such people of using this and merging if with the fallacy from ignorance.

In the worst case scenario, you can see people trying to make money off such things "Quatum treated $10,000 cables" (I'm not joking here, this is an actual product).

Likewise in spheres outside of audio, you can get people saying the stupidest shit like "you can't be thirsty, on the sub atomic level there is no liquid or states of matter, thus by logical extension thirst doesn't exist".

I get nauseated even thinking about these sorts of overnight intellectuals.

They do say at least:
The facts we experience in our macroscopic world appear to remain safe,

That's mighty big of them to concede that...

Reactions: Tks

Tks

Major Contributor
They do say at least:

That's mighty big of them to concede that...

If they didn't add that bit, they'd instantly lose all credibility. Discovery of quantum level physics doesn't invalidate the reproducable and reobservable phenomena/discovery/physics we experience and have learned about up until now. The article is fine overall. The problem is, the title is click baity that leads some folks who will then take as Gospel to preach to others without any elaboration beyond opening statements.

Top Bottom