• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Where are you from/located?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
I used to live in London, now I do live in a village. My London apartment bloc had more people than my current location.
How did you come across our very Soviet Cheburashka?

Trdat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Curiously large number of Europeans here! Interesting, I assumed it was (still) NA-dominated. Or may it have to do with time zones, the Americans might not be online now?
I am originally from Australia now in Armenia, no real option for its region so I chose Europe. So not sure if that is considered one for Australia or for Armenia if I am Aussie born.... Lol! I voted both...

So yeh I suppose the forum has planted seeds around the world.

cjfrbw

In the rapidly decaying Republic of California, where subjectivism rules all!

Trdat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
To my knowledge, Armenia is actually part of Asia.;)

Yeh Asia Minor technically, your not wrong. I suppose not every region can be correctly listed with its sub region...

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There is no need for everyone to list personal details like I do, but I wish all ASR members would list at least the country where they live in their profile. That makes it easier to be aware of - and allow for - cultural and language differences in responding to posts.

In 2012, at age 70, I moved from my beloved and beautiful (but very expensive) Sonoma County, California to the little tourist town of Boquete at 3,200' (975m) in the mountains of Western Panama. We are located in a valley on the Pacific slope south of the Cordillera de Talamanca (background in the photo), a mountain range in Cost Rica and Western Panama that is the continental divide here. We are also on the eastern slope of Panama's highest mountain - 11,400' 3,475m) Volcan Baru, a dormant volcano. All-in-all, it is a beautiful and pleasant place to live that is vastly superior to living in a senior housing apartment anywhere in the U.S.A.

Boquete Panama.jpg

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
There is no need for everyone to list personal details like I do, but I wish all ASR members would list at least the country where they live in their profile. That makes it easier to be aware of - and allow for - cultural and language differences in responding to posts.

In 2012, at age 70, I moved from my beloved and beautiful (but very expensive) Sonoma County, California to the little tourist town of Boquete at 3,200' (975m) in the mountains of Western Panama. We are located in a valley on the Pacific slope south of the Cordillera de Talamanca (background in the photo), a mountain range in Cost Rica and Western Panama that is the continental divide here. We are also on the eastern slope of Panama's highest mountain - 11,400' 3,475m) Volcan Baru, a dormant volcano. All-in-all, it is a beautiful and pleasant place to live that is vastly superior to living in a senior housing apartment anywhere in the U.S.A.

View attachment 39007

Really beautiful...
Maybe an ASR testing junket should be organized down there...

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I guess, when the forum started 3 years ago, that there were mostly US members (correct me if I'm wrong).
Actually, the early members were from UK, Australia and Canada and of course US. So we started multi-national from the start.

Today, US dominates but the rest of the world is also highly represented:
1573932523139.png

And top 10 rankings:
1573932601198.png

Note that these are all visitors rather than just members so it will be different than your poll.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
There is no need for everyone to list personal details like I do, but I wish all ASR members would list at least the country where they live in their profile.
This would be very useful to me when members offer gear for review as well. Half the time we get in the middle of the conversation, only to find out the person lives overseas making the shipping too expensive.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
This would be very useful to me when members offer gear for review as well. Half the time we get in the middle of the conversation, only to find out the person lives overseas making the shipping too expensive.

It's easy to set:

Click your name twice, enter a location in the the handy fill-out form...

1573934371536.png

North_Sky

Major Contributor
View attachment 38982

ASR just reached the impressive amount of 7000 members. (Again, congratulations for your work, @amirm!:))

I guess, when the forum started 3 years ago, that there were mostly US members (correct me if I'm wrong). Now, the forum has got an international reputation in the audio world.

For now, I'm just curious to know a bit about the cartography of where the members are from (or actually located, for what matters). Some people tends to move a lot, so I let two possible choices. Of course, there is too many possible countries to list, that's why I simplified this poll to the choice of continents.

PS: For my part: Paris area, France, EU.

What's even more impressive are the measurements, the amount of traffic, the time spent on ASR, and the performance worldwide (ranking).

* I'm from Kanada, North Amerika.

Top Bottom