• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can we predict who might have good Black Friday Sales?

Blake Klondike

Forum Donor
This will be the first year I am keeping on top of audio gear sales for the holidays-- Anyone have any thoughts on the likely candidates for good sales? How good are the discounts, generally?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Check KEF Direct and Amazon.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Best Buy if they have something your interested in, like a large screen TV.
Crutchfield might be a good place to check out.
I don't know of any high end retailers that get into that sort of thing.

Wombat

Master Contributor

Many of the Brand Names have bargains and clearance items on their web sites or on Ebay.

Last edited:

Tks

Major Contributor

Crutchfield still exists? How are they still in business o_O

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I think a large percentage of their sales is in car audio.
But home hi fi is still going strong there.
I bought my Marantz AV7703 pre/pro from them for the best price around. ;)

OP
B

Blake Klondike

Forum Donor
Thanks for your advice-- I figured that would be the case, but a lot of music production equipment companies have great sales, esp on software. So I thought it was worth looking into.

audimus

Crutchfield allows a no-hassle return policy for home audition and have helpful customer service. They have a pretty good selection of equipment for all budgets except the very low end models.

They are a good option for those that are not looking for the lowest price and need some advice on purchase - no high pressure sales tactics.

I still remember those old mail catalogs.

audimus

For the original question, there are never any such deals for non mass-market brands. There may be “storewide” discounts at retailers but typically those discounts aren’t applicable to 90% of the brands. For mass market brands, any of Fry’s, Best Buy, Newegg, B&H, Adorama, Amazon, etc will have deals and you can use price-matching often to go and pick up one nearby.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Thanks for your advice-- I figured that would be the case, but a lot of music production equipment companies have great sales, esp on software. So I thought it was worth looking into.
Oh yea, some good pricing to be found at Sam Ash, Guitar Center, Sweetwater's, etc on pro-type gear over the holidays.
If your looking for some JBL 70x, 30x, Genelex, and like speakers, keep your eyes open there. :p

OP
B

Blake Klondike

Forum Donor
Oh yea, some good pricing to be found at Sam Ash, Guitar Center, Sweetwater's, etc on pro-type gear over the holidays.
If your looking for some JBL 70x, 30x, Genelex, and like speakers, keep your eyes open there. :p

Genelec is a very good suggestion! I got the pair of 8020Bs that I am using now at a guitar store for $350. Have been wanting to upgrade to the larger model with room correction-- will keep an eye out!

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think a large percentage of their sales is in car audio. But home hi fi is still going strong there.
I bought my Marantz AV7703 pre/pro from them for the best price around. ;)
CF has a no hassle return policy. I've used them, and had to return an item. They were happy to take it back, and issued the credit immediately. As far as mail order goes, I'd use them again without hesitation.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I still remember those old mail catalogs.

I used to get the Warehouse Sound Co. (San Luis Obispo) catalog, and others. I'd spend hours thinking about which turntable to get, to go along with my imaginary SX-1980 and JBL L-300s! Later on, I actually scored an SX-1980. What a monster. As I've noted before, my ex-wife 'kept' it as a divorce memento. I think she did it to spite me. She knew I loved the Pioneer more than her. So, what could I do? Actually, I probably deserved spiting back then. It was either that or kill me. I think she made the correct choice. :cool:

ta240

Major Contributor

Crazy good customer service, easy returns, tech support and actual people you can talk to.

They are the only place for audio that has been drama and stress free every time I've bought from them.

My luck with other places, including manufacture direct, often turns into 'woops, that will be a week or too longer' or 'oh, it doesn't do what we said it would' or 'that was the wrong picture' or no reply to return requests.

Top Bottom