• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Island_Kenny

see
I ordered the M500 from Apos 4 days ago. It arrived lightning quick yesterday--from China! Well packaged too. I asked them for the price match and received it in less than 5 minutes. I am really liking those guys.

I can't believe you can get those specs for $352. Wow.
that sounds unbelievable

scooter

Forum Donor
There is a 20% Ebay discount on select brands when you pay 50$ or more. One of them is Monoprice, so if someone was waiting for Liquid Spark deal then there it is - 121.99 - 24.4 = 97.59$
There is also - 5$ coupon but I'm not sure if they're stackable. Discount is till 11/11.
Coupons: JUMBO20 for 20% and P5BLOG for - 5$.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

dkinric

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I ordered the M500 from Apos 4 days ago. It arrived lightning quick yesterday--from China! Well packaged too. I asked them for the price match and received it in less than 5 minutes. I am really liking those guys.

I can't believe you can get those specs for $352. Wow.
How did you get it for $352? Is that price still available?

dkinric

I checked the site and it was at full price, so I wondered if there was a promo code or something. Looks like I just missed the brief sale, thanks.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks. Any idea what import fees to expect?

"Note: This offer is available to EU members only and is part of an EU shipping test. Price is inclusive of VAT, shipping, and handling and is listed in USD. Your product will be shipped directly to you from Europe with no post-office pickup (some exclusions apply). Delivery is expected within approximately 5 business days."

They ship from The Netherlands (at least my HE-4XX were), so there are no import fees - they are already included in the EU Collection price.

Note that the page says this...

Special promotional pricing of $185 valid until Monday November 4th @ 11:59 PST

Its now the 5th, but the price is still showing as $185.

bravomail

Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 tablet is on sale on amazon at 450 - lowest price. Regular before that was 550, and MSRP is 650. Still has headphone jack! and microSD slot.

maty

Major Contributor
KEF Q150, pair $299.98

https://www.amazon.com/KEF-Q150-Bookshelf-Speakers-Black/dp/B071P6KQZX/

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-vIVOkOWZOsY/p_991Q150B/KEF-Q150-Black.html

KEF-Q150-pair.jpg

Grills: $19

https://www.amazon.com/KEF-Speaker-Grille-Q150-Magnetic/dp/B07236KWSD/

KEF-Q150-grills-pair.jpg

I have a thread about KEF Q150 in Audiocircle: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=161371.0

maty

Major Contributor
That may be a good enough price just to buy a few pairs just to harvest the coaxial tweeter/midrange drivers for use in something else.

Years ago, the Uni-Q drivers of KEF Q100 sold about $ 170 each, maybe something less (maybe I included shipping costs to Spain, customs and taxes: +21%). In the end they banned its sale unless it was duly justified that they were only for a repair and thus avoid its use in the DIY world.

artismo

JUMBO20 for 20% off orders of $50 or more from on eBay for qualifying stores- like Monoprice. Get the M570, essentially a Sendyaudio Aiva, for $240.
Good until 11:59pm on 11/11

missed Scooter’s post^

JRT

Years ago, the Uni-Q drivers of KEF Q100 sold about $ 170 each, maybe something less (maybe I included shipping costs to Spain, customs and taxes: +21%). In the end they banned its sale unless it was duly justified that they were only for a repair and thus avoid its use in the DIY world.

Yes ... I remember that.

But also, as I recall, it was not the relatively few experimental DIY efforts that bothered KEF, rather KEF found several small manufacturers (I don't have details of who or where) building some loudspeakers advertised for commercial sale with drivers bought from KEF's replacement parts inventories, and it was that which KEF wanted stopped.

I don't have any links to information to support that vague recollection.

maty

Major Contributor
You are right about these start-ups. Then there were no sales restrictions. That is how I discovered the KEF Q100, which was a failure in sales because new ones sounded without bass due to the high rigidity of the coaxial suspension. They need at least 200 hours to reach maturity. Even so, adding mass the sound improves substantially. Mine now weigh more than the KEF LS50.

maty

Major Contributor
Just got the KEF Q150. I'm impressed! by Laurent231Qc Oct 5

Optimized pictures.

[ Sound:

First, I must say that I'm very impressed by these speakers. The bass they produce is unexpected for their size. It is deep and very present, but it is not the punchiest bass I've heard. Even if they produce a good amount of bass for a 5 1/4 '', it is very precise. Sometimes it sounds boomy, but it really depends on the song. They have a very very good midrange. Vocals are sound rich and full. It is their strong point. I don't have much to say on the midrange honestly, it just sound good. The highs extend very well and are well balance. It doesn't sound harsh at all. They sound relaxed if I can put it that way.

Soundstage:

They produce a phenomenal soundstage and imaging. It's by far the best I've heard. They do need to be placed correctly though.

Build/finish:

They seem well built. At this price it's obviously a vinyl finish, but it looks very good and well made.

Overall, I'm very happy with my new purchase. They sound way better than my last speakers. I got the at a discount (398$ CAD) and at that price it is worth it. I tried other speakers at that price point and the KEF Q150 simply sounded better than the others.

KEF-Q150-frequency.png

Here is the frequency response of the my KEF Q150 in my room. They have a small foam that I can put in the back port to change their bass response. In purple, there is no foam. In red their is half of the foam. In green there is all the foam.

KEF-Q150-frequency-2.png

Here is the frequency response separated. In purple, there is no foam. In red their is half of the foam. In green there is all the foam. ]

Last edited:
Top Bottom