• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

D50 alternatives

mt196

Hello, do you know any Topping D50 alternative(meaning that they measure similar or better than d50)? Maybe with also XLR outputs and in the <300€ range?

WLVCA

I was going to recommend the Topping D70 but it sells for US$499.00.

I found one used for $375.00 and upgraded from the D50.

Maybe you can find one at a good price in China on 11/11 (Singles Day).

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Curious why you want to upgrade? the D50 has extremely good measurements.

OP
M

mt196

Curious why you want to upgrade? the D50 has extremely good measurements.
Not for better sound obviously, but because I had a D30, then bought a D50 because I fund it at 150€ during prime day so it was a good price, but it is somewhat more sensitive to USB noises coming from the desktop PC than the D30 and I have a hiss coming out of my speakers now.

So I want to change it to something else since everything I tried to solve the hiss didn't work and since with d30 the hiss wasn't there I hope that with other DAC, maybe balanced, it won't be there either.

D50s is not a choice due to this. Maybe D70, but are there better alternatives to D70 that I need to know of?

digititus

So I want to change it to something else since everything I tried to solve the hiss didn't work and since with d30 the hiss wasn't there I hope that with other DAC, maybe balanced, it won't be there either.
What was wrong with the d30? Seems you created a problem which didn't exist before.

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
D50s is not a choice due to this. Maybe D70, but are there better alternatives to D70 that I need to know of?
It seems right now the top three DACs all come with a headphone amp. So go for the one with the best feature set for you or wait a few more weeks for the next round of DAC only devices using the latest chips. Check prices on 11/11 and ask Apos to price match the best one.

OP
M

mt196

It seems right now the top three DACs all come with a headphone amp. So go for the one with the best feature set for you or wait a few more weeks for the next round of DAC only devices using the latest chips. Check prices on 11/11 and ask Apos to price match the best one.
Yes exactly I find the last good DACs to also have Amps, so maybe I should wait a bit more for new models

Top Bottom