• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

Veri

Master Contributor
There comes with a same look DAC for SP200, but not ES9038!
Nice! I just pre-ordered SP200. Looking forward, SMSL_Liu! I really like that the low gain is +6dB rather than unity gain.
You designed a great product, can't wait for it to arrive and give it a listen :D

SMSL_Liu

Audio Company
Nice! I just pre-ordered SP200. Looking forward, SMSL_Liu! I really like that the low gain is +6dB rather than unity gain.
You designed a great product, can't wait for it to arrive and give it a listen :D
Thanks ! :D

Sak

It's not identical, we want to step up and make products perfect, it gives us a chance to make things better, we are not just copying, And by the way, it's a different look for different people.
When more news will be available about new SU-8S ?
Thanks.

Last edited:

AnalogDE

Forum Donor

Where did you pre-order from?

NickLondon

For those looking for stock, they were on Aliexpress earlier today - apparently mine will arrive in the UK within two weeks. Very exciting...

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm , do you have the dimensions of the SP200 (or if you have measured them)?
It is 158mm (wide)x133mm (deep) x40mm (height). This doesn't include the stuff that pokes out.

SMSL-Mandy

Audio Company
未标题-2.jpg

未标题-3.jpg

Can be ordered here: https://hifi-express.com/products/smsl-sp200-thx-aaa-888-headphone-amp

mi-fu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi @SMSL-Mandy , I am a bit surprised by the "slant" box of SP200. May I ask why making such an unconventional approach?

I thought it was a prototype thing in Amir's review photo. But I think it is actually the design of it? o_O

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Oh yes as expected. THX 888 means opa1612+opa564. THX 789 means opa1602+opa564. THX 788 is opa1602+ad8397.

SMSL-Mandy

Audio Company
Hi @SMSL-Mandy , I am a bit surprised by the "slant" box of SP200. May I ask why making such an unconventional approach?

I thought it was a prototype thing in Amir's review photo. But I think it is actually the design of it? o_O
未标题-1.jpg
未标题-5.jpg

That is actually a special design.

deafenears

Forum Donor
I am a total noob trying to work out what I'm looking at with this stuff. So is this balanced internal circuitry or not? I had a message from both SMSL and Shenzen Audio saying internals were balanced.
The images posted by @SMSL-Mandy from HiFi-Express shows that it's balanced, see the modules above and below the "THX AAA-888 Amplifier" label.

Dride1401

The images posted by @SMSL-Mandy from HiFi-Express shows that it's balanced, see the modules above and below the "THX AAA-888 Amplifier" label.

Thanks! I thought it did look balanced fully just couldn't tell and I know some people have said it wasn't fully balanced and was like the THX AMPs from Drop and Monoprice.

Top Bottom