• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Innuos PhoenixUSB re-clocker

BillG

Major Contributor
Anyone care to professionally critique this? I've already got my own opinion about it (it's unnecessary as the DAC is just going to reclock the input anyway) but I'm curious as to what you all think. And, don't shoot the messenger here as I'm not endorsing the thing!

I had a debate with a dealer that was promoting it on another forum, presented a bunch of technical articles as to why it's unnecessary, got called a "know nothing, social media, blabbermouth" by him, and he then stormed off. What fun! :p

Last edited:

Krunok

Major Contributor
Anyone care to professionally critique this? I've already got my own opinion about it (it's unnecessary as the DAC is just going to reclock the input anyway) but I'm curious as to what you all think. And, don't shoot the messenger here as I'm not endorsing the thing!

I had a debate with a dealer that was promoting it on another forum, presented a bunch of technical articles as to why it's unnecessary, got called a "no nothing, social media, blabbermouth" by him, and he then stormed off. What fun! :p

Many times have been said and confirmed by measurements that this kind of product is a snake oil, so I don't see a point to open a thread for this - search would do you just fine to check what folks here think of such products.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Was that “Audiotroy”?

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The dealer? No, someone from Gestalt HiFi in New Mexico... :cool:

I see. Dave from Audio Doctor, in NJ (“audiotroy” on Audiogon) is a big believer in expensive Innuos pre-DAC equipment. He has a similar allergic reaction to skepticism of the “sound” of digital data, IMO. He brings up jitter, but if you point out is inaudibly low without the special cords and servers, he gets all “there are more things on heaven and earth” on you.

Nice guy, with a huge selection of stuff, but has some kind of ADHD always trying to swap more expensive components in.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

I had a debate with a dealer that was promoting it on another forum, presented a bunch of technical articles as to why it's unnecessary, got called a "no nothing, social media, blabbermouth" by him, and he then stormed off. What fun! :p

A $3k USB reclocker? A $10 USB hub will do the same, and with similar results. If you really must, add a $50 LPS to the hub for a total of $60 :)

Top Bottom