• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
As I wrote above, the interpretation of what I see is different from yours.
Unlike you, I do not insist on convincing you. I shared my opinion, and if you don't like it then this is not my problem from here on out.
Personally, I share the view that not all expensive things (including cables) are worth the money.
Then there is no point sharing in the first place. Also this is no matter of opinion. It's either true or false. There is only one reality. So it's either meaningful or it's spreading misleading and false information.

zenon

Defying measureable, repeatable and thus provable lack of any benefit to expensive USB cables is just ignorance, minifying that to "liking" what Amir wrote is just making light of that. Read the conclusion of the article you already linked, or this later one:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ents-of-wireworld-starlight-7-usb-cable.6599/

Now before subjectivists start to celebrate, as I clearly noted, none of those mains components are remotely audible (or you would hear them with generic cables and we don't). And at any rate, no improvements were made whatsoever in actual distortion products. In the case of D50, we actually made things worse a bit.

I guess it is good to find things that we think are totally waste of money, actually produce some measurable improvement. For $100, I wouldn't make fun of anyone buying one of these unless they started to say it made things sound better.

Your claim of "different behavior" is just a purely anecdotal claim with absolutely nothing back it I'm afraid.

Unlike you, I do not insist on convincing you. I shared my opinion, and if you don't like it then this is not my problem from here on out.
Personally, I share the view that not all expensive things (including cables) are worth the money.

P.S. "purely anecdotal" is funny actually... when You can't think without someone's help.

Veri

Master Contributor
Unlike you, I do not insist on convincing you.
OK but sharing your "vision" is bound to raise questions about your conviction lol. The "Conclusion" section in amir's articles is there to help you not be misguided but if that's the way you want to go.. Just don't go expect people here to take your interpretation as truth ;)

P.S. "purely anecdotal" is funny actually... when You can't think without someone's help.
Ahh yes, glad you have it all figured out. :oops:

zenon

OK but sharing your "vision" is bound to raise questions about your conviction lol. The "Conclusion" section in amir's articles is there to help you not be misguided but if that's the way you want to go.. Just don't go expect people here to take your interpretation as truth ;)

Ahh yes, glad you have it all figured out. :oops:

Believe it or not, the conclusions... I read them only for information. ;)
Everyone has a head on their shoulders and is supposed to be able to draw conclusions from what he sees ... or not everyone: D

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well well. If so, then this will end the issue.

There's another forum called "AudioBeliefsReviews". I'm not welcome there and got laughed at after a few posts, trying to have people post charts, graphs, numbers and above all recorded samples of what they "heard". For them, the subtle differences that one hears on a very resolving system cannot be measured, and the ones that can be measured are meaningless or are somehow filtered by the expensive cables.

I really wanted to join the bandwagon of musical delight but didn't know where to start.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Believe it or not, the conclusions... I read them only for information. ;)
Everyone has a head on their shoulders and is supposed to be able to draw conclusions from what he sees ... or not everyone: D

Which such a username, I understand that you don't wanna hear the conclusions!

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
There's another forum called "AudioBeliefsReviews". I'm not welcome there and got laughed at after a few posts, trying to have people post charts, graphs, numbers and above all recorded samples of what they "heard". For them, the subtle differences that one hears on a very resolving system cannot be measured, and the ones that can be measured are meaningless or are somehow filtered by the expensive cables.

I really wanted to join the bandwagon of musical delight but didn't know where to start.

Drugs I think...

Veri

Master Contributor
I would like to not include additional things that you do not understand in the discussion.
You're not going to deny you're coming across just a liiiiiitle haughty? ;) Don't tell us, even your wife hears the difference :D

zenon

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but these are not my people.
What you do not want or cannot understand here is, that measurements are one thing and subjective perception is another.
It may seem strange to you, but I understand you completely.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would like to not include additional things that you do not understand in the discussion.
Actually, perhaps we would understand you more if you ever added something to the discussion. I didn't see any measurement of yours, any recorded samples, any argument, let alone any proof of what you are repeating ad nauseam about Amir's USB cable measurements.

zenon

Actually, perhaps we would understand you more if you ever added something to the discussion. I didn't see any measurement of yours, any recorded samples, any argument, let alone any proof of what you are repeating ad nauseam about Amir's USB cable measurements.

All I can add to the discussion are pictures of modded D10 ... and from there my observations and conclusions, which are in a transitional period. I would be glad if you also shared your direct observations.

P.S.
In fact, if you are not lazy, you can wander around the subject and see the photos I posted here.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but these are not my people.
What you do not want or cannot understand here is, that measurements are one thing and subjective perception is another.
It may seem strange to you, but I understand you completely.

When Jack seems taller than John, can you find a tape measure and prove it, right?

When the tape measure tells you Mike is taller than Bob, if the difference is subtle it's possible you don't notice it.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
All I can add to the discussion are pictures of modded D10 ... and from there my observations and conclusions, which are in a transitional period. I would be glad if you also shared your direct observations.

P.S.
In fact, if you are not lazy, you can wander around the subject and see the photos I posted here.

I saw that you swapped op amps and ended up saying it sounded much better.

Now you blame Veri for believing somebody else's words?

zenon

When Jack seems taller than John, can you find a tape measure and prove it, right?

When the tape measure tells you Mike is taller than Bob, if the difference is subtle it's possible you don't notice it.

I would like you to think about the certification of USB cables and why it is needed.
P.S. We see that Bob is thicker than Mike, but it turns out that Bob weighs more than Mike... Why is that ;)

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would like you to think about the certification of USB cables and why it is needed.
P.S. We see that Bob is thicker than Mike, but it turns out that Bob weighs more than Mike... Why is that ;)

You just find another way to measure Mike and Bob: the weight.
And you can also measure their belly width with a ruler.

Now show me a measurement of your op amp rolling, and if possible the proof that it is audible.

Top Bottom