• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to play/import ISO audio file on JRiver

La!$

I have a iso file with album art etc however when I drag and drop it to JRiver, nothing happens. No error messages. Nothing. Anyone who knows a solution please help me out! Thanks! ☺️

Attachments

• 0D4A55A0-19B3-4E83-8451-0CBAF8F58297.jpeg
    0D4A55A0-19B3-4E83-8451-0CBAF8F58297.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 270
OP
L

La!$

Probably the easiest way to do this is to use ISO2DSD to convert SACD ISO to Sony dsf or Philips dsdiff files and play them instead.
That's the only way? Any decrease in audio quality? If not, please guide me cos I'm not aware.

Krunok

Major Contributor
That's the only way? Any decrease in audio quality? If not, please guide me cos I'm not aware.

Kid, instead of asking all these questions how about checking with Google first? Give it a try and you will see it is quite usefull. ;)

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I have a iso file with album art etc however when I drag and drop it to JRiver, nothing happens. No error messages. Nothing. Anyone who knows a solution please help me out! Thanks! ☺️
Are you dragging the ISO or the folder into "Playing Now?" Do you get the drop-down options about what to do with it?

OP
L

La!$

Are you dragging the ISO or the folder into "Playing Now?" Do you get the drop-down options about what to do with it?
I drag the iso file to the JRiver album lists! Also tried import single folder and selecting the file with the ISO file.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I drag the iso file to the JRiver album lists!
No wonder you are failing. You need to drag it into the "Playing Now" window and it will ask you what you want to do with it.

Also tried import single folder and selecting the file with the ISO file.
You cannot import anything that way. I am tempted to say RTFM but there ain't no manual. :facepalm:

OP
L

La!$

No wonder you are failing. You need to drag it into the "Playing Now" window and it will ask you what you want to do with it.

You cannot import anything that way. I am tempted to say RTFM but there ain't no manual. :facepalm:
Please post a screenshot or short video if you don't mins. ☺️

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Please post a screenshot or short video if you don't mins. ☺️
Sorry. Do you know what the "Playing Now" window is? The link appears at the very top of the default left-side menu. Click on it. Then drag your ISO file from your browser into it.

OP
L

La!$

Sorry. Do you know what the "Playing Now" window is? The link appears at the very top of the default left-side menu. Click on it. Then drag your ISO file from your browser into it.
Yes dear sir. I tried dragging and dropping and it says file type is not supported or something like that.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Yes dear sir. I tried dragging and dropping and it says file type is not supported or something like that.
Well, thinking I might have misremembered, I plugged a USB drive full of ISOs into my server and dragged a couple, selected at random, and they all were accepted and played.
So, let's try other things: Have you tried having JRiver import the ISO file into its library? Have you tried another ISO? "Is the filename ?????.iso?"

OP
L

La!$

Well, thinking I might have misremembered, I plugged a USB drive full of ISOs into my server and dragged a couple, selected at random, and they all were accepted and played.
So, let's try other things: Have you tried having JRiver import the ISO file into its library? Have you tried another ISO? "Is the filename ?????.iso?"
Yes the file name is ISO and I'll try importing tonight. Thank You. I'll get back to you.

Top Bottom