• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Facepalm of the day.

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
OMFG. Yeah, I live for the sound of applause on an album, and xylophone, that's my second favorite thing! Wow, that guy nailed it, that's what matters, not a machine telling us what we're hearing. No meters and graphs for me!

I like this quote from the one dingbat reviewer/whatever he is: "It's like Pixar movies, you know how advanced they've gotten at showing each blade of grass. Back in the day you would see, like, four pixels." hahaha!

Edited to add: WTF. Just looking at their website, and it says
Drivers Matched .05dB

Did they guess at that number, since they don't use meters or graphs or machines? lol Oh, never mind, it's only when "designing" that they fly by the seat of their pants. Once they have whatever sound they like, they are meticulous in measuring and making sure their production drivers match that, and that driver pairs match within .05dB. Wow. lol Why not just judge pair matching by ear as well? We don't need to shoot for or examine how close we get to fidelity to the source, so why measure to get fidelity in anything else?

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I have watched some of his/their food videos but didn't know they had gotten into audio. Best to stick to food. But even there, everything was sponsored.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Grados make the worst sounding cans I have ever heard along with hd800. Only one that I can somewhat get it is gh2, it sounds like sunshine. Gs1000 etc are genuinely horrible even hurts to listen to.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I have watched some of his/their food videos but didn't know they had gotten into audio. Best to stick to food. But even there, everything was sponsored.
Pay some attention to those speakers made off grado headphone drivers. Amazing stuff haha.

THW

Forum Donor
designing a headphone without confirmation from measurements, oh yeah that explains why Grados have those horrendous treble spikes...

bUt mEaSuReMeNTs dOn'T mATteR

mannye

Interesting. No measurements at all. But they have to measure something to give out specs.

My guess is that they are weaving a tale and leaving out the "when my father started making headphones in 1955.... " or whenever the hell they started... this is all just marketing to the millennial sheep that do whatever the internet tells them to do. That's OK. Let them spend their hard earned cash on headphones.

At least it's more productive than all that law school tuition. :)

Top Bottom