• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any measurement on Gryphon Diablo 300?

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
No way to tell unless you measure it. It could be "meh" or fantastic. No way to tell. I like the design, but unless I had some measurements I would never buy one.

Crane

Forum Donor
They have technical spec sheet on the site and its no where near the performance based on that alone

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There's way more then 50 of them... good joke.
I'd bet the cost of this $15,000 integrated amplifier that there are not more than 50 of them in the USA. The market for these devices is tiny, especially stateside, where audio is not a high-status hobby, and there are many other competing very expensive devices. These are sold in tiny volumes with enormous margins.

So, no, there is very little chance that there are more than 50 in the United States. Probably fewer than 25.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it's ugly, looks like 3 mismatched components with the feet removed stacked on top of each other.

direstraitsfan98

Forum Donor
You're right about everything except about how many of them they sell. You can think whatever you like, though.

direstraitsfan98

Forum Donor
https://gryphon-audio.dk/shop/integrated-amplifiers/gryphon-diablo-300-integrated-amplifier/

Just curious if this beast is better than combo of Benchmark LA4+ABH2.

A quick google search brought up some measurements for the 120 integrated. https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/i...ac&catid=97:amplifier-measurements&Itemid=154

This is a newer model so perhaps it measures better. Logically speaking that would be the case.

https://gryphon-audio.dk/shop/integrated-amplifiers/gryphon-diablo-300-integrated-amplifier/

Just curious if this beast is better than combo of Benchmark LA4+ABH2.
If you aren't already aware of this I'll let you in on a secret. This stuff is audio jewellery. The measurements will more often then not be inferior to state of the art stuff being put out by companies like Benchmark. When you buy a product from one of these European companies, you are not buying a performance machine, you are buying into marketing, the prestige of owning something special, and the exquisite build quality. Sound wise, it's probably all there, Amir has said himself that most people cannot hear any of the differences between something with 80 SINAD and 140 SINAD, but buying into this ultra high end gear with expectations that just because its ultra high end it will out perform the Benchmark stuff is a flawed way to go into this. You buy this stuff to show off to your friends and make yourself feel better. That's it. If you're looking for the best measured performance stick with the Benchmark. ;)

Last edited:

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it's ugly, looks like 3 mismatched components with the feet removed stacked on top of each other.

I couldn't disagree more. That thing looks amazing. Love the high tech 80s look. It looks like a drug dealer's penthouse in a Steven Segal movie. Certainly more stylish than the tacky script on the Benchmark products.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

direstraitsfan98

Forum Donor
I am not astounded, I know that some ultra high end products sell maybe a dozen units a year. I will humour you, though.

The Gryphon Diablo 300 has been out for well over 10 years now. It is very well known in audiophile circles and is a decent seller. I obviously have no idea but there are probably thousands of them out in the wild at this point. Way more then 50. My local dealer sold 10 of them last year. And this is the Canadian market. Imagine how many more they sell every year in the USA, and in the last 10 years.

Last edited:

greenpsycho

Not much to contribute, but I've heard one of these pushing some Magico's not too long ago at Goodwin's high end (in Boston suburbs). It its a great looking piece, solid ergonomics. When you look at it, you just know its expensive (opposed to some Sim Audio stuff IMHO). But hard to find dealers (and even pricing) here in the states

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This blurb from their advertising made me wince:

Nearly 10 years ago, the Gryphon Diablo brought newfound credibility and respectability to the humble integrated amplifier. Previously the object of widespread scorn from audiophiles, the full potential of the integrated amplifier was finally realised in the Gryphon Diablo

I know it's their website and they're selling themselves and their product, but even so this is just nonsense.

M00ndancer

Forum Donor

greenpsycho

Performance and price do not correlate I'm afraid.
Right.... but I never mentioned performance or subjective views on how it sounded. There were comments above regarding looks and having seen and used it first hand, I say that it looks and feels price appropriate

M00ndancer

Forum Donor

rusoaie

E0E6CBAC-1EEA-46AA-B0AB-980BC57E0292.jpeg

https://stereo-magazine.com/archive...rchive&cHash=4525106624029cdfebc4fcfecc6ed47a

Top Bottom