• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Probably we need Amir to give us the updated referral link
Unless you are clueless about computers and the internet, you don't "need" Amirm to be your servant and do simple things that you can do for yourself. However, might "ask" or "suggest" that he update his link.

Recently, "massdrop.com" changed its URL to simply "drop.com." So the old link takes you to the new url, but not the specific page. Simply go to drop.com - or follow the old link - and search for "sdac."

mi-fu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Unless you are clueless about computers and the internet, you don't "need" Amirm to be your servant and do simple things that you can do for yourself. However, might "ask" or "suggest" that he update his link.

Recently, "massdrop.com" changed its URL to simply "drop.com." So the old link takes you to the new url, but not the specific page. Simply go to drop.com - or follow the old link - and search for "sdac."

I think both @daftcombo and I meant the specific referral link of Amir, so that Amir can earn the referral discount for other member's purchase. I don't know if the quoted link here is still working for Amir. Only he knows the correct referral link.

But maybe I am wrong. Maybe I am really too clueless about computers and the Internet....

:rolleyes:

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think both @daftcombo and I meant the specific referral link of Amir, so that Amir can earn the referral discount for other member's purchase. I don't know if the quoted link here is still working for Amir. Only he knows the correct referral link.

But maybe I am wrong. Maybe I am really too clueless about computers and the Internet....

:rolleyes:

OK, Now I understand. My apologies. I reacted to your presentation without recognizing your motivation - or realizing that Drop has referral commissions like Amazon. I am in favor of any simple method such as referral commissions to help fund this truly excellent forum website.

I often react negatively to people telling experts and forum owners what they "need to do" instead of "asking" them or "suggesting" that they do something. "Demands" that Amirm do something - even illogical things - are fairly frequent here at ASR.

mi-fu

Forum Donor
OK, Now I understand. My apologies. I reacted to your presentation without recognizing your motivation - or realizing that Drop has referral commissions like Amazon. I am in favor of any simple method such as referral commissions to help fund this truly excellent forum website.

I often react negatively to people telling experts and forum owners what they "need to do" instead of "asking" them or "suggesting" that they do something. "Demands" that Amirm do something - even illogical things - are fairly frequent here at ASR.

Totally understandable. It is mere miscommunication

We are good :):D

DarrylG

The referral link in the form a Drop member copies it never takes you to a specific product page, it always goes to the home page. If you want it to go to a specific product, you can go to the desired product page, add your referrer code to the end of the url, then copy it. Notice that it makes no difference whether you use "drop" or "massdrop".

https://massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-grace-design-standard-dac?referer=DA3TGL

ennui

I pulled the trigger on this, this morning,I used Paypal with a credit cards with hopes of protecting me in case its too good to be true.We'll see.

Topping D50 Mini HiFi Audio Decoding ES9038Q2M2 USB DAC XMOS XU208 DSD512 32Bit/768Khz OPA1612 USB/Opt/Coax Input

Model: AR4P4H9G4U
Availability: In stock
$64.99

Style/Color:

QUANTITY:
-
+
ADD TO CART

Product Description
  • UNIQUELY CUSTOMIZED DRIVER - Supports PCM Sample Rates up to 768kHz and DSD512.
  • HUMANIZED DESIGN - There are 7 kinds of digital filters for you to choose, meet all your needs.
  • PORTABLE AUDIO DECODER - Stylish, smooth aluminum housing and chassis for long-lasting use. Mini size, easy to carry.
  • TOPPING AUDIO D50 DAC - 2 x ESS SABRE ES9038Q2M, Provide superior audio experience, outstanding THD+N levels.
  • HUMANIZED OPERATION - 7digital filter can set itself.

MOD: Link deleted as it may not be a trustworthy site.

Return Policy
Return Conditions
1. You have 30 days to decide if an item is right for you, if not, you can certainly come to us within 30 days of receipt.
2. Items returned must be in their unused condition with the original packing. We do not accept a returned item that’s worn, damaged, washed or altered in any way.
3. We do not accept returned items that were sent back by you directly without checking with us first.
4. We do not offer Freight To Collect (FTC) service for the packages returned to us. The returns will be made at your own cost.

Return Address
If you wish to return the items to the nearest return address, please contact us, our customer service representative will get back to you within 24 hours.

[email protected]
+86 13328842160
Return Address:
Gu Pengfei
#66 Xinfeng Road, Yuelin Street, Fenghua, Ningbo, Zhejiang, China 315500

Last edited by a moderator:

riker1384

Good Xiaomi MDZ-26-DB Bluetooth speaker for sale for $14.99 shipped from Newegg though their site or their eBay store. Ebay has free returns so it's a better deal. This model usually goes for $30+.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xiaomi-MDZ-26-DB-Bluetooth-Speaker/382698522757
https://www.newegg.com/gold-xiaomi-mdz-26-db-bluetooth-speaker/p/N82E16855749001

It's legitimately high-fi, very flat response by BT-speaker standards except some bass boost at low volumes. Better sound quality than most BT speakers at any price, except as a small speaker output is limited. The bass is a bit muddy but anything this size will have no bass or compromised bass. It looks nice, a bit Apple-like, mostly anodized aluminum with white plastic sides. I don't think it's waterproof. The voice prompts for battery charge, connection status etc are a bit loud and boomy.

Review, measurements and sound samples here:

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Be very afraid of the Topping D50 runern website mentioned above. The domain has been registered only since June 15, 2019

Google search turns up this about the site: https://www.scamfinance.com/runern-review/
Be sure to read about the experience of Darryl Robinson at the end, posted yesterday.

Also this: https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/runern.com
And this: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/runern.com

When you go to the front page: runern.com without the rest, the site only shows cheap bracelets. Searching for "Topping" on that page shows nothing. The D50 is only available at the above direct link.

I am frankly very surprised that this post was not taken down. Perhaps our mods feel each of us is qualified to recognize a scam when we see it.

On the plus side, I have one of the Xiomi speakers mentioned above and concur it is very well made and sounds good if you do not need high volumes. Well worth $15. Ebay is running a targeted "8 percent back in ebay bucks" promo a the moment, so another $1.20 back if you were targeted. You will see it in one of the top panels on ebay's home page if you are signed in and qualified.

Last edited:

BillG

Major Contributor
I pulled the trigger on this, this morning,I used Paypal with a credit cards with hopes of protecting me in case its too good to be true.

I've just been informed by a member of a forum that I moderate that the site offering it is fraudulent. I checked on various scam warning sites afterwards and, sure enough, there are numerous complaints about it... :rolleyes:

ennui

I've just been informed by a member of a forum that I moderate that the site offering it is fraudulent. I checked on various scam warning sites afterwards and, sure enough, there are numerous complaints about it... :rolleyes:
Well shoot,looks like it was too good to be true.Sorry if I caused anyone issues.Hopefully I'm the only one to learn a lesson here.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well shoot,looks like it was too good to be true.Sorry if I caused anyone issues.Hopefully I'm the only one to learn a lesson here.

I am not sure how these scams work. Although it will be a hassle, you certainly can get a refund through Paypal or your credit card if/when the product doe not arrive.

However it may be that the goal of the fraud is to collect data on you. Make sure you have a strong Paypal password as well as two factor authentication, and strong passwords on other sites. Its one thing to temporarily lose $65....its much worse if they use the info to steal your identity and accounts.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For those in the U.S. with Bestbuys, they are running a sale on most Amazon devices that in some cases beat Prime Day deals. Discounts are on Kindles, Fire TV streamers, Fire Tablets, and all Alexa stuff.

One example, the new Echo Show 5 smart display for $50 vs $90 on Amazon, plus an additional $30 discount if you buy two, so $35 each. These do have 3.5mm analog audio outs as well as Bluetooth pairing for connection to powered speakers, so depending on your use can be a substitute for NLA except eBay Chromecast Audios.

Bestbuy has bundle discount options available when you buy Echo devices. You can add a TP-Link smart plug for $5, or two Sengled smart bulbs for $5 each. Some of the Sengleds require separate hubs so careful what you choose.

Bamyasi

Just a word of warning: my D70 unit arrived today and I swapped it for my trusted DX3 Pro. It worked for about two hours straight then it just shut down suddenly. Display went blank and no attempts to revive the unit worked. I am contacting the seller now but at this point I would adise to stay away from this deal. Could be a bad batch, etc.

I will post updates as soon as I have a response from Apos customer support.
Many apologies for promoting what apparently turned out to be not a very reliable offer.

Just a quick follow up. Apos customer support was extremely responsive and helpful in my case and they've processed my return in no time. Shipped it back to their warehouse in California for free (original item ordered was shipped from China); it took only three days and my CC was reimbursed immediately afterwards. So no issues with this vendor at all. Which is especially good since their store currently has a number of really nice deals listed for the summer sale. Check this one for D70, the price has been reduced even further. Looks tempting...

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For UK buyers looking for a good wireless speaker Amazon are selling the Samsung (also sold under the AKG name) VL5 speaker for £215. It's a bit of a monster as these speakers go and the original UK SRP was a bit silly but at £215 with free delivery it is a very good speaker and well worth a punt.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For UK buyers......VL5 speaker for £215......
Very intriguing. It appears the same speaker is called both VL5 and VL550, and that there is a smaller VL350 that can be TWS paired with another VL350 for stereo. I will keep an eye out for them in the U.S.

Top Bottom