• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Google search for forum

Mivera

Major Contributor
Why is it if I try to search for this forum in google I get a Google warning? I can only get here by putting the exact link in the toolbar. Is this forum intended to be more private than others?

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That's because you have used it too often :). I get that all the time on other forums. Google thinks you are a robot. :D Slow down your rate of usage and it shouldn't do it anymore.

By the way, the built-in search in this forum software is far better than what is used in other forums. Try using that instead.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
That's because you have used it too often :). I get that all the time on other forums. Google thinks you are a robot. :D Slow down your rate of usage and it shouldn't do it anymore.

By the way, the built-in search in this forum software is far better than what is used in other forums. Try using that instead.

Okay I made a shortcut in my toolbar and that's what I usually hit to come on the forum. I just wanted to see what comes up in a google search. I'm trying to setup my website now and there's a million features for it to get seen in Google. Turns out I didn't have anything setup right.

The search in this forum doesn't work very good for people who don't know the forum exists :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
what did you put in google search?

On Google for your site, there are a lot of things you need to do. But #1 is age. Google hates new sites. You need to populate it quickly and let it soak as you just did.

The second thing that is a huge help is external sites pointing to it. Which again you have done with our site.

Now we have to get this site popular and you will be golden :). Luckily another thing Google likes is sites that change a lot and we are that way by definition.

Keep your site text heavy for now. It is against advice that marketing people give you but for high organic searches in google, you need relevant text and lots of it. Once you become more popular you can cut back on that.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Tha
what did you put in google search?

On Google for your site, there are a lot of things you need to do. But #1 is age. Google hates new sites. You need to populate it quickly and let it soak as you just did.

The second thing that is a huge help is external sites pointing to it. Which again you have done with our site.

Now we have to get this site popular and you will be golden :). Luckily another thing Google likes is sites that change a lot and we are that way by definition.

Keep your site text heavy for now. It is against advice that marketing people give you but for high organic searches in google, you need relevant text and lots of it. Once you become more popular you can cut back on that.

Thanks for the advice! I set a bunch of things up better today. I seen that when I searched "Phison audio" yesterday, the PD2 thread on here came up near the top. Now today it's gone. I have been waiting for my website to pop up with the "Phison Audio" search. I think it finally will after I did what I did today. Might take a couple days.

On another note, I sure have been getting quite a few referrals to my site from WBF. Funny thing is I don't have the link posted anywhere on there. That tells me it's coming from private messages.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Tha

Thanks for the advice! I set a bunch of things up better today. I seen that when I searched "Phison audio" yesterday, the PD2 thread on here came up near the top. Now today it's gone. I have been waiting for my website to pop up with the "Phison Audio" search. I think it finally will after I did what I did today. Might take a couple days.

On another note, I sure have been getting quite a few referrals to my site from WBF. Funny thing is I don't have the link posted anywhere on there. That tells me it's coming from private messages.
from me! there was a thread about blizzards corner being missing so i posted if any one wants to contact you PM spazmatron and i sent them your web address.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
from me! there was a thread about blizzards corner being missing so i posted if any one wants to contact you PM spazmatron and i sent them your web address.

Ahh so it was you. Thanks for the sharing. I figured it was Steve Williams promoting my site.

Top Bottom