• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D70 DAC

Tks

Major Contributor
Anyone manage to catch any word on the DX7S?

mi-fu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
$499 would be a lot more reasonable. It makes the list price to be the same as DX7S.

Maybe we could expect it to go below $400 if it is sold on Massdrop sometime later. That could be attractive if it measures well :)

Hmmmm so 500 bucks, combo with my 789 coming in august for 900. Not that bad seeing how i am about to spend 900 on the ibasso DX220 lol

maxxevv

Major Contributor
$499 would be a lot more reasonable. It makes the list price to be the same as DX7S.

Maybe we could expect it to go below $400 if it is sold on Massdrop sometime later. That could be attractive if it measures well :)
It will have to perform very well to justify that pricetag though.

"Generic " makes such as Weiliang Audio otherwise known too as Breeze Audio are touting dual-ES9038PRO chipped machines with BT 5.0 receivers for less than that asking price. Albeit that has no provenance of performance, but from a bill of materials standpoint, its a definitely more enticing to the uninformed consumer out there.

tomli747

What do you guys think regarding to performance?
Is it much better than SU-8?
I'm still considering buy it now or wait for Amir's review.
3RMS.jpg
4THD.jpg
5FFT.jpg
6RMS.jpg

Snafu

^ that's what i was wondering. looks like performance is in level with D50 and it's about XLR and remote if you need D70.

can't wait ASR-review :)

tomli747

^ that's what i was wondering. looks like performance is in level with D50 and it's about XLR and remote if you need D70.

can't wait ASR-review :)
But SU-8 also gets XLR and remote.
So the question is how much is this better than SU-8
Also, there is 10% off before 3/6, so I'm thinking buy it now or not.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Honestly the performance seems in line with DX3 :rolleyes:

Not that its bad, its just hard to justify the price tag is it offers nothing significantly more than what the SU-8 already does at this point.
The DX3Pro still reigns as the price/feature/performance king it seems.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
At the absolute limits, they are essentially a wash. The SU-8 is approximately -105dB (which is actually a hair better) at 0 dBFS. But everything else in between, the D70 seems better.

index.php

typericey

Is using balanced have any advantage over RCA when this is hooked up to an integrated amp with balanced inputs but not fully balanced topology?

Top Bottom