• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
BTW, In UK speak is it pronounced
Tam mas or Toe mas? :confused:
neither lol Thomas silent h... The o is lower case as in otter rather than a O as in O-ring

But I will respond to tam mas as I grew up watching 'Tom and Jerry ' , just don't chase me about the house with a broomstick... Ok?!

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)
I wish I was at that concert. Great show. Acoustic prog at its finest.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
just don't chase me about the house with a broomstick... Ok?
I ain't makin no promises, just my general nature and all that. ;)

Good to know there's some great Prog Rock still being done.
I'll have to comb Ron's WBF thread.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I wish I was at that concert. Great show. Acoustic prog at its finest.
Phew, Just checked out your thread Ron. 5 years and 300+ posts on all variety of Prog Rock.
I think someone should present you with a honorary Doctorate in that genre.
Great piece of work on defining all the sub divisions!

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
bruce-the-rising.jpg

It's been a while since last playing the Boss (big fan with tons of his albums).
Just finished the second tune, with sibilants in the vocals, and now same for the third tune (CD); so I'd say that my CD sounds terrible.
If you have that CD, try it and see if you are hearing sibilants in the vocals...irritating and not professionally recorded...very sad for people like me who love his music.
I tried analog and digital connections, EQ and not, and there is nothing to do...the first three tunes are miserable sound wise.
The fourth one fares much much better...yes, that's more like it...very very nice.
_______

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Tonights Live From Daryl's House is featuring a great newer artist
Chris Daughtry
I wasn't familar with his work before but I will get so after tonight.
Thanks to Daryl for bringing us the best of both classic and new artists each week.

Phelonious Ponk

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Darryl Hall amazes me. I think he sings better now than he did in his prime. Maybe this is his prime. In any case, his webcast, Darryl's House, is a wonderful gift to music lovers.

Tim

TBone

Major Contributor
I don't think I have any Darryl Hall or H&O in my music library, certainly no digital, a chance LP maybe, I should revisit ...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Darryl Hall amazes me. I think he sings better now than he did in his prime. Maybe this is his prime. In any case, his webcast, Darryl's House, is a wonderful gift to music lovers.

Tim
Can you believe he will be 70 in Oct? Many greats can't hold a note at that age, a timeless dude.
Not just a webcast but a weekly TV show, Thurs night on MTVL

I don't think I have any Darryl Hall or H&O in my music library, certainly no digital, a chance LP maybe, I should revisit ...

Go to his website and check out a few episodes with one or two of your favorite artists. There's a drop list to quick pick the latest from.
A couple of my favs, Aaron Neville, Darius Rucker, Billy Gibbons, all great music and fun.
http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Morphine "Potion" from Like Swimming

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Guess I'll punch up one of my usual Thurs night review of,
Live From Daryls' House.
Tonight's guest was a young lady from Brisbane Australia
Grace Sewell
She has a lovely strong voice and sings in a modernized R&B-Soul type of style.
I found her original material to have a bit of a choppy rhythm to it that I found personally
a bit hard to follow, but that's just me. She did a cover of the old Lesley Gore super hit
You Don't Own Me which lets her show off her vocal chops a bit better.
In my YouTube search for a video I also ran across a clip of Lesley Gore doing the song that is a bit unusual in that she is actually doing a live performance instead of lip-syncing the record which was par for the course in the early 60s. That girl could really sing too and excites a lot of lost back seat memories from the day. ;)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
3 seconds of G-Eazy was enough for me.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Jazz At The Pawnshop Vol 1 & 2
Well ya'll know these, been an audiophile staple for many a year. I'm not a big Jazz fan but I was doing some Audyssey tuning today and wanted to listen with one of the eval tools I've been using for years. Funny how the engineers didn't do anything in some super audiophile approved manner but did manage to make a recording that has a very good "you are there" aspect. Using Neo6 surround software is adding a very nice room/air addition to the recording IMO, works for me. ;)

BTW, I went to youtube to grab a little something to go with this post and found this,
Question for the vinyl guys, is this how you get that nice warm analog sound? :p
Oh, and if this is a Binaural recording for headphones how come they're using that monster Mac power amp?

Top Bottom