• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I don't want to receive emails

Esprit

Forum Donor
I'm fine with seeing notifications at the top but I don't want to receive emails. My saved preferences are these but I keep getting mails.
Where am I doing wrong?
Thank you
6B5C8137-7DF4-43CE-9A94-CDF892F6694D.png

OP
Esprit

Esprit

Forum Donor
I keep getting emails.
Apparently it is not enough to uncheck the above.

D

Deleted member 48726

I have / had the same problem as it doesn't seem to adhere to the settings. I also get mails on threads that I subscribe to even when I had chosen not to. Long ago I gave up and set up an email filter..;)

OP
Esprit

Esprit

Forum Donor
Maybe you need to unsubscribe from/update any existing threads that are sending you emails?
I have not subscribed to individual threads. If I can't change the general preference settings in any other way I'll have to make do.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I used the admin tool to remove notifications from all watched threads. This should work. If not, please start a conversation with me and I will see what may be going on.

OP
Esprit

Esprit

Forum Donor
Now I don't even see the notifications at the top of my profile. Peace.

OP
Esprit

Esprit

Forum Donor
Now I don't even see the notifications at the top of my profile. Peace.
Can someone answer below or quote my message?
I'm glad I no longer receive the emails but the "bell" notifications are too useful.
Thanks

OP
Esprit

Esprit

Forum Donor
In this url you can edit your current thread subscriptions and notifications and disable email notifications.
I want to receive the "alerts" correctly.
For example, your message does not appear in the "alerts".

TimoJ

I want to receive the "alerts" correctly.
For example, your message does not appear in the "alerts".
You should subscribe to this thread (from the top of this page Watch button) and while selecting that use the without receiving email notifications. Then you will receive bell icon alerts but not emails. You will then have to click the alert or read this thread in order to get new alerts from this thread.

(But since this time I quoted your message, you will get a bell notification without thread subscription.)

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
This may be helpful:

Top Bottom