• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We all know, Amir gets the most likes. But who received the most likes from Amir?

We all know, Amir gets the most likes. But who received the most likes from Amir?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sometimes, hating everyone is just hating everyone.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I once attempted to boost my abysmally low post-to-like ratio... and truth be told, I couldn't care less. It makes me ponder the lengths to which individuals who value likes greatly would go to actively seek them out. Interestingly, every post I've ever made with the intention of garnering likes has failed miserably, haha. Conversely, there are instances when I receive completely unforeseen likes. I suppose I'm just a hapless like hunter, lol.

You have to keep positive and resist posting whilst inebriated :)

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
It's that Friend-and-or-Foe dilemma:
Do you also hate the people that hate others?
Or
Do those in the latter group become your frenemies!
I don’t discriminate.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I dispute this idea on inebriated posting. What data do you have? Plus, whether others like my inebriated postings, I enjoy them. :D

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I dispute this idea on inebriated posting. What data do you have? Plus, whether others like my inebriated postings, I enjoy them. :D

I'm preparing to assemble the dataset now...

IMG_20230525_183908.jpg

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
202305_BrainDrugs.jpg

imho+ymmv: This slogan should've included alcohol! What alcohol does to the rest of human body is a whole other story.:facepalm:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 288192
imho+ymmv: This slogan should've included alcohol! What alcohol does to the rest of human body is a whole other story.:facepalm:
Alchohol rots the mind in my opinion. Short term memory gets pushed down and does not operate futuristically for that time period. Cannabis is no hangover stuff. I can be stoned at night and the next day I am fresh as a daisy and alert and lucid.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
View attachment 288192

Eggs can be cooked in alcohol. Alcohol (and acids) breaks down the Hydrogen bonds in protein which causes them to unravel. Heat does the same. The difference is, it takes a really long time for alcohol to cook the egg.

Reactions: GDK

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
The difference is, it takes a really long time for alcohol to cook the egg.

Especially when the alcohol concentration the tissue is exposed to is the 0.1% range.

GDK

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Eggs can be cooked in alcohol. Alcohol (and acids) breaks down the Hydrogen bonds in protein which causes them to unravel. Heat does the same. The difference is, it takes a really long time for alcohol to cook the egg.
Well, while you are waiting, you could always crack a beer…:cool:

dasdoing

Major Contributor

would that make it a job?

but there is no financial reward haha

I struggle with wearing a mask even when there is some form of benefit.

No, it simply doesn't make sense to me to post in order to please men I will never meet in real life... and even less so in a forum where the technical message should be the focus.

I appreciate the guidance, but I didn't really seek it.

I'll even give you a like for this hehehe.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I only posted the above; thinking I can improve my "Likes"... not even that worked.
I apologize for it becoming OT.

D

Deleted member 48726

would that make it a job?

but there is no financial reward haha

I struggle with wearing a mask even when there is some form of benefit.

No, it simply doesn't make sense to me to post in order to please men I will never meet in real life... and even less so in a forum where the technical message should be the focus.

I appreciate the guidance, but I didn't really seek it.

I'll even give you a like for this hehehe.
Just write what's on your mind. Sometimes it backlashes but who cares if you look stupid in that moment. I sure as hell don't care. I'm here for learning and for following news in the industry.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
Just write what's on your mind. Sometimes it backlashes but who cares if you look stupid in that moment. I sure as hell don't care. I'm here for learning and for following news in the industry.

that's precisely my point. Writing for likes on a technical forum doesn't make sense.
What if the majority is mistaken about a topic? Do you conform to their views for the sake of likes?
A popularity-based system doesn't support the scientific approach, in my opinion. It creates bubbles, where a group of people indulge in self-gratifying behavior by reinforcing each other's views. Luckily, the "influencers" here tend to be objective, and these effects are minimal. However, nobody is perfect.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
that's precisely my point. Writing for likes on a technical forum doesn't make sense.
As a person who has gotten most likes, I can tell you that I have not written a single post to get likes. And I don't think anyone else is either.

The purpose of a like is to show agreement instead of posting a "+1" or "I agree with that" like we used to do with forum software that didn't have such a feature.

Yes, it is also a reward system but after the fact. I sometime see a lot of likes for something I wrote much later, giving me a feeling that it resonated with the people.

Key here is that having more likes doesn't get you anything. No new privileges, no indication that you are more right than someone else, etc.

In that sense, I think a thread like this creates some bad feelings as much as I like having the data that it shows. It makes people think if they don't have as many likes, there may be something wrong with their contributions. In reality if you post a lot, you will get more likes. Such is the case with me. So let's not judge the darn thing. It just a quick way to say "I agree." or "thank you."

D

Deleted member 48726

As a person who has gotten most likes, I can tell you that I have not written a single post to get likes. And I don't think anyone else is either.

The purpose of a like is to show agreement instead of posting a "+1" or "I agree with that" like we used to do with forum software that didn't have such a feature.

Yes, it is also a reward system but after the fact. I sometime see a lot of likes for something I wrote much later, giving me a feeling that it resonated with the people.

Key here is that having more likes doesn't get you anything. No new privileges, no indication that you are more right than someone else, etc.

In that sense, I think a thread like this creates some bad feelings as much as I like having the data that it shows. It makes people think if they don't have as many likes, there may be something wrong with their contributions. In reality if you post a lot, you will get more likes. Such is the case with me. So let's not judge the darn thing. It just a quick way to say "I agree." or "thank you."
I agree. Thank you.
:cool:

Top Bottom