• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Florida Audio Expo - February 8,9,10 2019

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
As you know, I have a thing for consistency.
Even AJ of Southfield Audio was running snakeoil cables and if you know AJ that is a MAJOR inconsistency. :eek: LOL
But like Amir mentioned above, and exactly what AJ said to me at the show, you have to use them if you want your gear to be taken seriously.
Almost the same situation with vinyl, there were few displays that were digital only.

I could hear a room review by Mikey F. now,
"Vendor X had a wonderful hardware kit in their room but unfortunately there was a lot of nasty glare and hardness from his digital only front end. Add in the many avoidable layers of heavy veiling introduced do to poor choices of cabling, both in interconnects and power lines. These vendors need to realize if you bring in over $800,000 in source, amplification electronics, and speakers, you have to provide appropriate levels of cabling in the neighborhood of 25% or more. "

LightninBoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Could you just imagine an audio show for the objectivist leaning crowd? Where your display isn't taken seriously if you had any tubes in the system or anything other than lamp chords for cables?

Not sure if that would be awesome or boring.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
They look like they should be chasing after Dr Who.
Exterminate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The rooms were too small and the seating set too closely for a good presentation from the large Avant Garde's IMO
Seemed I could hear the sound coming from the individual horns. :(

I do love good horns, I was disappointed I never got a good listen to the Volti Rival. Seemed like each time I got there something was messing with my chance at a good listen. They look to me like they might be able to deliver some great sound in a average sized room.. Well reviewed by KM at Stereophile and other sites.
"But the Rivals played music with supreme fidelity, openness, lifelike images, transparency, impact, touch, timing, dynamics, and flat-out musical fun."
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/volti-audio-rival-loudspeaker-page-2#zKTlIGzFtWJqu4lR.99

Rival2.png

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Florida Audio Expo continues to get good vibes. Audioholics posted this video coverage last week.
I talked to the guys doing the filming at the show but they wouldn't do a "man in the street" video with me. :(

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Sal1950 if you're into any sort of science the Volti isn't the speaker to look at. It's very well documented how bad they measure. He's a wood worker and far from an actual speaker designer.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
@Sal1950 if you're into any sort of science the Volti isn't the speaker to look at. It's very well documented how bad they measure. He's a wood worker and far from an actual speaker designer.
Just wanted to give them a listen, the horns I did get to hear at the show were disappointing. :(

Top Bottom