• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audience Studio Two USB Cable

melvinjames

Forum Donor
Just saw this new product announcement on PF. Only $499 for such sonic purity! I bet they fly off the shelves. I'm speechless.

Yuhasz01

Just saw this new product announcement on PF. Only $499 for such sonic purity! I bet they fly off the shelves. I'm speechless.

Their USB=Unsubstantiated Bullshit. Audio jewelery.

ribonucleic

Presenting their new FrontRow series cables, they explain what we're overlooking:

The idea of cables as components is a controversial subject. There are many who think that “wire is wire” and don’t accept that cables can either optimize or compromise the performance of an audio system. Traditional tests for difference in cable reveal very little if any electrical differences between brands. However, the human ear/brain is a far more sensitive and discriminating test apparatus and deciphers differences in cable brands rather easily. This ability can be developed much like wine tasting. As you become more experienced, differences, shadings and nuance become more readily noticeable.

I don't know if oenophile snobbery is more expensive than audiophile snobbery. But at least you can be sure to get a nice buzz off it.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"However, the human ear/brain is a far more sensitive and discriminating test apparatus and deciphers differences in cable brands rather easily."

What utter garbage.
Just such utterly stupid lies. The idea that we can hear things that the microphones used to make the original recordings can't pick up is really pretty wild. "No, it's definitionally not in the original recording... but I can hear that this cable is revealing those things from the original recording quite clearly!"

Punter

So apparently, if your sheath is too stiff (errrrm....) it will compromise the serial data !

the Studio Two USB is a lightweight, flexible design, easy to install in any system. As McDonald pointed out, "we feel that heavy jacketing materials and connectors absorb energy and negatively impact the liveliness of the sonic presentation.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Just saw this new product announcement on PF. Only $499 for such sonic purity!

That's cheap.

I'd get a better one.

The best I saw was around $17,000

Random expensive cables pricelist (not for the one above)

Dismayed

Your ones will now be precise to 16 decimal places! And your zeros will be true null values! You will hear the palpable presence that is obscured by lesser cables!

Top Bottom