• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

foobar2000 modular freeware audioplayer for Windows developed by Peter Pawłowski

Habu

Hello from France,

I am just opening this post as I didn't found a dedicated foobar2000 post..

Sincerely yours

Habu

OP
Habu

Habu

Hello again,

I use mainly foobar2000 with a black theme skin made by kjc66 on deviantart.com

https://www.deviantart.com/kjc66/art/BlackEye-Foobar-download-it-from-deviantart-634959405
You just have to download the archive including foobar2000, decompress it, rename the foobar.ex to foobar.exe then run this program with your music....

blackeye_foobar__download_it_from_deviantart__by_kjc66-dai1dt9.jpg

Foobar.jpg

foobar2000 is totally modular, you can expand the vumeters or the module that you want.

Sincerely yours

Habu

Last edited:

graz_lag

Major Contributor
Hi Habu :
As I would be interested in trying foobar2K on one of my Linux machines, do you use it on W or on Linux ?
Very nice the kjc66's skin theme, BTW.
Thanks,
Graz

Last edited:
OP
Habu

Habu

Hi graz_lag,
Just using it on Windows... Linux is not yet at home....
Salutations
Habu

Alisterkoran

Interesting colours you're using in Foobar, I'm using similar:

Foobar_2000_edited.jpg

The colour scheme reminds me of the days of mainframes when I used to use an amber monochrome CRT terminal. I still find amber on black a very easy on the eye colour scheme. The layout I'm using is the same layout I have always used. Browse albums by folder structure on the left, drag and drop into a playlist on the right. The only problem is that if I'm not careful I find I can end up with dozens of different playlists . . .

I used to use Winamp until I found Foobar2000 about 15 years ago and was amazed! Been using it ever since. It does everything I could possibly want from a software music player (once plugins are installed. I even have a Foobar VST wrapper so can use VST plugins when needed).

I really don't understand why people spend money buying a software audio player when Foobar2000 is free and so customisable. Each to their own though and if they want to buy an audio player rather than use a free one that's their choice . .

AK.

Last edited:

Bald1

Since I mentioned the VU meter in my post above, I figured I'd show how it appears in my layout. I'm rather partial to it as it is the same one my Nakamichi Dragon tape deck uses. :):D

qoBtXOw.jpg

Shadrach

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I use foobar 2000 on one of my machines.
It's a nice player and works well with AISO4ALL.

OP
Habu

Habu

Since I mentioned the VU meter in my post above, I figured I'd show how it appears in my layout. I'm rather partial to it as it is the same one my Nakamichi Dragon tape deck uses. :):D
Nakamichi-dragon-cassette-deck.jpg

OP
Habu

Habu

I prefer big blue eyes.... But I can't afford the real ones...

McIntosh-MC302_P_1200.png

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
foobar2000 is great and free. It does take a little tinkering to get the most out of it.

OP
Habu

Habu

Last edited:

Bamboszek

I had been big foobar2000 fan for years before I switched to another amazing player, MusciBee. I find it easier to navigate, especially with huge library and much nicier looking. Like foobar, it also supports lots of plugins including such as VST wrapper. However attention must be paid to have well tagged library, otherwise there will be a mess.
Zrzut ekranu (18).png

Majestyk

Tool

Yeah Foobar rules ;) but I like it simple.

Attachments

• Fooba Screenshot 1.PNG
    Fooba Screenshot 1.PNG
    368.5 KB · Views: 1,655

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
foobar is widely liked around here.

Top Bottom