• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 45 11.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 317 83.9%

• Total voters

MadMaxx

I'm not sure do I understand your question? Apos is an US company, located in Santa Clara but it looks like the shipment is from China.
Everything I've bought from Apos was sent from China via DHL. I returned 1 item for refund and another for warranty service. Apos had me send both to an Arizona address.

aka_Z

Everything I've bought from Apos was sent from China via DHL. I returned 1 item for refund and another for warranty service. Apos had me send both to an Arizona address.
And did the return go well?

It's not a big deal that it's shipped from China. I was just naively expecting that Apos has a warehouse in the US, shipping from it and I will get the device in a few days. Even picked it up yesterday. Well, it is what it is :)

RedCometZero

Apos Audio price matched my L70 and E70 purchased exactly 30 days ago with their 30 day price match guarantee to the new sale price. Very happy with their service, and psyched to get $100 refunded on a combo I am still happy with.

aka_Z

Good to know, I got $5 because E70V is out of stock. Apos Audio offered me E70 instead. I decided to wait. It's not rush anyway.

Burns

Good to know, I got $5 because E70V is out of stock. Apos Audio offered me E70 instead. I decided to wait. It's not rush anyway.
hurry, because who will confirm my Thursday experience? No velvet, no fun. ;)

Jimster480

Major Contributor
can matter a lot. a lot of Chinese products are tested here. I'm trying to judge if there's so much or if it's sponsored by chifi
It is not sponsored by ChiFi. The reality is that most of the other companies are afraid to send their poorly engineered and over-marketed products here for testing. So we have to buy them and mail them to Amir ourselves which is expensive and time consuming and also means that we often would have to try to resell them after because we don't want them.
Where the Chinese companies know that if they get good scores here they already open a market for their products so they are willing to send their products for testing.

The other thing is that the Chinese companies come out with new products every few months it seems where most other companies maybe release 1-2 products a year... Either way this site is not in any way sponsored by Chifi.

Burns

It is not sponsored by ChiFi. The reality is that most of the other companies are afraid to send their poorly engineered and over-marketed products here for testing. So we have to buy them and mail them to Amir ourselves which is expensive and time consuming and also means that we often would have to try to resell them after because we don't want them.
Where the Chinese companies know that if they get good scores here they already open a market for their products so they are willing to send their products for testing.

The other thing is that the Chinese companies come out with new products every few months it seems where most other companies maybe release 1-2 products a year... Either way this site is not in any way sponsored by Chifi.
thanks, that's what i meant
Regards

I'm waiting impatiently for Velvet and here's a promotion for smsl DO300 with es9039mpro - how to live?

Burns

Nothing I can do about. No Velvet for me, for awhile :D
don't be afraid, I'll let you know if you lost something or gained and didn't lose time;
but it's always better with two, because few took up the challenge of buying e70 and e70V at the same time

aka_Z

It is not sponsored by ChiFi....
Well, I'm not sure, considering Amir's avatar :D

I'm not even sure wth I want E70V. Even official measurements are worse a bit for V. I guess, they got me with AKM flagship, newer chip, Apos sales...

Last edited:

Burns

Well, I'm not sure, considering Amir's avatar :D

I'm not even sure wth I want E70V. Even official measurements are worse a bit for V. I guess, they got me with AKM flagship, newer chip, Apos sales...
it costs more, worse in measurements, does not support DoP, not to mention MQA. I don't know what the $120 difference will smell like velvet ;) , but I don't see him having a career with me.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Both the E70 and E70 Velvet support DoP (DSD over PCM) over USB.

E70:
E70 DoP.png

E70 Velvet:
E70V DoP.png

I prefer Native anyway.

Martin

Also - can we stop using the term Chifi or Chi-Fi? It's is derogatory and has no place in these forums.

Last edited:
Top Bottom