• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggest lesser-known good Sci-Fi films

tlin

Runaway - another I remember fondly although I'm guessing this one might not have aged well. Bonus - Gene Simmons is the villain!

notsodeadlizard

The score is not impressive but this movie is very... cinematic maybe, it's hard to forget him

Thefaster

The score is not impressive but this movie is very... cinematic maybe, it's hard to forget him

Seen on VHS many years ago. :)
I have good memories of it.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
just as an aside i remember maybe 5-10yrs ago they remade a bunch of fairly recent sci fi movies that werent that old

robocop 1987 2014

total recall 1992 2015

conan 1982 2012

(dates might be off)

there's at least one more i'm forgetting but i think they given on up this tripe

i personally cant think of a scifi movie that really hit me as hard as certain eps of the 'modern' Outer Limits (I want to say 1995-2002)

I think you older guys would have enjoyed Rod Serling's b&w originals...

I seem to recall Serling's is only 2 seasons so it wasnt hard to get but the original aired TV 'new' Outer Limits is close to impossible to get or stream etc.

olbobcat

I have watched some of these movies listed over 10 times.
Two of my favorite newer films would be

Interstellar
Ex Machina

also a big fan of

Pixar's Nine

And the dystopian film

Children of Men.

Do you want some epic steampunk?

City of Lost Children

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
I have not read this thread so if this has already been mentioned please disregard.

A big sleeper but has an all star cast and a great story. Excellent sound effects to boot.

OP
D

Digby

Major Contributor
I am wondering if something like Fellini's Satyricon would fit this list, it isn't really in space or the future, but it is so far removed from a typical film in its 'out there' quality. Worth a watch, but something you definitely have to be in the mood for.

Kegemusha

Enter the Void

Another Earth

Primer

Donnie Darko

Sunshine

Cube

Ethernal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Under the Skin

Distric 9

Top Bottom