• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$55000 Nordost cables for $60.

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Today's USD value of $1924 per ounce will buy you 28.5 ounces (1.78 lbs., 0.807 kg) of actual gold for $55,000. :facepalm:

I looked for the total weight of the power cable online, but could not find one listed at Nordost's site.

egellings

Major Contributor
Maybe because I'm a boring engineer, I can't see spending even $100 on a cord unless it does something measurable besides conduct AC to my gear.
Those darn engineers spoil everything.

Last edited:

JRS

Major Contributor
It also has directional arrows on the side... I guess no one told the "engineers" at Cardas that the electrons go both directions through the cable. :eek:
Or even that audio is all about alternating. So not only can they, they must.

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
There's AC and then there's better AC. Elementary, my dear Watson.
There is ABC. That's where the cable is so great it fills in the missing information between the A and the C -- for a more natural, analog-like listening experience..

egellings

Major Contributor
There is ABC. That's where the cable is so great it fills in the missing information between the A and the C -- for a more natural, analog-like listening experience..
The 'B' is such a soft round little letter. The slash is a bit sharp and harsh.

Top Bottom