• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Detailed Measurements of Morrow SP3 Speaker Cable (Video)

Descartes

Major Contributor
The joke about cables: Transparent MAGNUM OPUS SPEAKER CABLE

sngreen

I decided to do a video review of the Morrow SP3 speaker cable since there is likely interest beyond the forum. For those of you who asked about my generic cable, I show it in the video.

BTW, I had the focus wrong but didn't realize it until the whole video was recorded. So don't mind that. Just listen to my voice and watch the screen capture. :)

Written review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/morrow-sp3-review-speaker-cable.22834/

I think better test would be to start with the full spectrum sine sweep (locarithmic) tone while recording the response from the speakers. With the most revealing system for it of course.

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
I do have to laugh at premium cables with banana plugs. Give me a 2 cent spade lug I can snug into a solid gas tight connection so it will remain a good connection. I'll take a barrier strip over a banana plug any day.

It has been about 50 years since this topic has come up. Time to give it a rest? Believers will not change their mystic viewpoint and engineers knew better 50 years ago. Salesmen will continue to lie, fools will continue to be separated from their money.

gallantus

The snake oil salesman, Morrow, must have pissed you off by responding for you in your review thread about his non sense BS for you to go ahead and do a video review.

INFINITY_IRS_V

I decided to do a video review of the Morrow SP3 speaker cable since there is likely interest beyond the forum. For those of you who asked about my generic cable, I show it in the video.

BTW, I had the focus wrong but didn't realize it until the whole video was recorded. So don't mind that. Just listen to my voice and watch the screen capture. :)

Written review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/morrow-sp3-review-speaker-cable.22834/
Just because you don't see a measurable difference in testing dosen't mean that there is not a audible difference in actual use of stereo equipment.
Inductive and capacitive reacatance interactivity between a speaker cable ,the amplifier and the speaker are well known, and are both electrically and audibly measurable.

Any thoughts on this known phenomenon Amir ??

I do enjoy and learn from your testing knowledge and skill. Thanks, very much appreciated.

INFINITY_IRS_V

If they were truly transparent you wouldn’t even be able to see the.
What is most Transparent is your 70,000.00 you don't see in your bank account!
Good cable; yes!, ridiculous expensive cable, no thanks!
I currently run 1985 Infinity Rs-1b dipole radiation line source speakers.
No dipole line source for Amir: so sorry.

Speedskater

Major Contributor
If there are audible differences, there are measurable differences.
But it might take skill and the correct test equipment to measure these differences.

Note that total cable capacitance only matters with old legacy and boutique amplifiers.
Total cable inductance only matters with loudspeakers that have low, high frequency impedance (think Apogee).

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If there are audible differences, there are measurable differences.
But it might take skill and the correct test equipment to measure these differences.

Note that total cable capacitance only matters with old legacy and boutique amplifiers.
Total cable inductance only matters with loudspeakers that have low, high frequency impedance (think Apogee).

Assuming cables specced far out of the norm is even audible its still a very stupid way to EQ a speaker.

Top Bottom