• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eleven XIAudio Broadway Headphone Amp Review

Rate this headphone amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 135 68.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 54 27.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
rolling batteries
Rolling batteries? Now that is an astonishing idea. Did you know that's how nuclear fission was discovered. Oppenheimer was rolling his U-235 based batteries for his x-ray machine to get pure images, he though he might as well roll Uranium into Thorium and kaboom, you just invented the A-Bomb. After that no one ever underestimated the creativity of pseudo science.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
@gallionetech this is yours right? I love that you send it in to be tested. These are the kind of boutique devices that are a bit harder to get your hands on for reviews. Hope you are also glad you did :). What did you end up buying instead?

Adi777

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ridiculous. $2.6k will buy you a SOTA headphone, DAC and amp. Pass.
DCA Stealth/Expanse, maybe some Audeze - circa 4000/5000€, RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE - plus minus 2500€, Niimbus US 5 PRO - circa 5000€/Benchmark HPA-4 - circa 3500€.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I very much like this particular marketing picture, now imagine the broadway soundstage for your brass symphonies with this setup :cool:
broadway_life2_512x672.jpg

MacCali

Major Contributor
I watched a video review of this and the guy there claimed that you can "roll the batteries" (switch for different brand) and get different sound!
LOL what kind of batteries are they?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
So, of late, the hi-end philosophy is “Pay More Get Less”. Logo should be “Making Audio Painfull Again”. Another spectacular crash and burn….:facepalm:

Great Review Amir. Keep saving us money with your community service efforts! :cool:

Phoney

I watched a video review of this and the guy there claimed that you can "roll the batteries" (switch for different brand) and get different sound!

Where can I get the most expensive batteries for the ultimate hifi sound? They should make batteries and sell them for $1000!

Clearly Amir would have to use the right type of batteries for the best performance in his testing. ;) Clearly it's unfair to test this unit without the batteries that would drive it to its full potensial!

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Last edited:
Top Bottom