• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power failure...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
That would be great. Managing the power extension cable was indeed hell. I just assumed the battery operated one would be worse. Thanks for letting me know otherwise.
And you guys continue to get all jazzed up over them battery powered cars. I keep tell you, batteries are for kids toys, get a real engine. ;)

Samoyed

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Ironies- we moved away from northern Illinois at the end of January, following 4 snowstorms in a week and temperatures dropping to -25 F (temp, not wind chill). This of course meant lots of shoveling, and lifting and hauling of boxes into the truck in ungodly cold. Arrived in Phoenix Feb 4, where it was the usual winter mild. And of course, the first thing I had to do in my new job was... fly to Wisconsin where I've been all this week. A foot of snow fell and it's 15 degrees out.

I'm feeling nostalgic.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Power back?
Yes. It came back yesterday. So I finally managed to finish the review of Lyngdorf TDAI-3400! Still homebound though and getting cabin fever.....

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Ironies- we moved away from northern Illinois at the end of January, following 4 snowstorms in a week and temperatures dropping to -25 F (temp, not wind chill). This of course meant lots of shoveling, and lifting and hauling of boxes into the truck in ungodly cold. Arrived in Phoenix Feb 4, where it was the usual winter mild. And of course, the first thing I had to do in my new job was... fly to Wisconsin where I've been all this week. A foot of snow fell and it's 15 degrees out.

I'm feeling nostalgic.
You have my sympathies, I moved after a lifetime in Chicago to Central FL in 2010 and you couldn't get me back up north with a stick of dynamite. Here's hoping your close to retirement age and won't have to chase the job any more. ;)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Put some skis on that van of yours... :)
That would require finding the RV among all that snow!

Snow RV.jpg

And this is with the RV heated to keep the internal pipes from freezing and me clearing the one and front grill (which was buried in snow).

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
That would require finding the RV among all that snow!
Looks like you better get on that garage roof with a shovel before the roof becomes a floor. ;)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Looks like you better get on that garage roof with a shovel before the roof becomes a floor. ;)
Had to do that to the greenhouse which was much more flimsy. The (remote) garage was built using lumber milled from the land here so it is quite overbuilt.

Today is 40 degrees and half the snow has melted. So if it keeps going, we should be able to dig our way out in a day or two. I am constantly reminded of great scenes in movie Fargo:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I am constantly reminded of great scenes in movie Fargo:
I love that movie!
Aye gee Maargie, let me make you some eggggs.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
You have my sympathies, I moved after a lifetime in Chicago to Central FL in 2010 and you couldn't get me back up north with a stick of dynamite. Here's hoping your close to retirement age and won't have to chase the job any more. ;)

I'm actually not a hot weather guy, but that's where the work is, so... Retirement will only happen if my wife wins the lottery, my age notwithstanding (I'm only a few years behind you).

Top Bottom