• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SU-9 Pro not compatible with Mac

kukulec

Hi,
Is the smsl su9 pro working with windows 11 ?
Thanks.
Hey, I have received it a couple of days ago. It is NOT a plug and play device. With driver it works on Win 11, however the first time it made a few bugs so I had to reinstall. Now it is ok, but I still don't know wehether I keep it.

Srikanth

Hey, I have received it a couple of days ago. It is NOT a plug and play device. With driver it works on Win 11, however the first time it made a few bugs so I had to reinstall. Now it is ok, but I still don't know wehether I keep it.
Hi,
I am from INDIA. I plan to buy a DAC.
I am confused between topping E70 vs E70 Velvet vs Su9 pro.
Can you please help me to choose best dac.
My preference will be deep soundstage and instruments separation.
Thanks.

Srikanth

Also, in the manual, it says driver needed for windows 10. Is that same driver works for windows 11 also ?
Thanks.

kukulec

Hi,
I am from INDIA. I plan to buy a DAC.
I am confused between topping E70 vs E70 Velvet vs Su9 pro.
Can you please help me to choose best dac.
My preference will be deep soundstage and instruments separation.
Thanks.
"My preference will be deep soundstage and instruments separation." - forget this. These DACs have all great measurments. I would go with the simple ESS E70, as it is the cheapest and it is plug and play. It would sound just fine.

Srikanth

Hi, there are price difference in INDIA compared to US.
Product $US. INDIA
E70. 349. 406 ($57 extra)
E70 Vel. 449. 521 ($72 extra)
Su9 pro. 499. 521($22 extra)

Su9 pro is close to US price.wherw as for E70 and E70 vel, i end up paying more premium.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.

kukulec

Hi, there are price difference in INDIA compared to US.
Product $US. INDIA
E70. 349. 406 ($57 extra)
E70 Vel. 449. 521 ($72 extra)
Su9 pro. 499. 521($22 extra)

Su9 pro is close to US price.wherw as for E70 and E70 vel, i end up paying more premium.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Yes, buy the E70 for 406 and spend the rest on good music. Don’t overthink it, you will hear every details.

OP
W

wbenjin

Hi,
Is the smsl su9 pro working with windows 11 ?
Thanks.
I haven't tried, but so far it can works with all operating systems except certain mac machines. I think it's fine with all Windows and Ubuntu versions.

Srikanth

Thank you.good to hear.
Does su9 pro work with ipads with lightning connectors using apple adaptor?

OP
W

wbenjin

Thank you.good to hear.
Does su9 pro work with ipads with lightning connectors using apple adaptor?
I don't have lightning to USB adapter, but I can tell you that it works with iPad Air 4th gen (come with USB-C connector).

kukulec

I haven't tried, but so far it can works with all operating systems except certain mac machines. I think it's fine with all Windows and Ubuntu versions.
It works with Win 11 but only with the driver.

Lsc

Looks like I’m having this issue with an older iMac (2013). Weird thing is that it worked in the beginning but today it decided not to work anymore. I should have kept my D400ES that worked fine.

OP
W

wbenjin

Update: Using a direct USB Type B to USB-C cable, it works on Mac mini M2 Pro without any issue.

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Im happy for you. Usb has so many standards and has to deal with so many different OS that this isnt rare.
Update: Using a direct USB Type B to USB-C cable, it works on Mac mini M2 Pro without any issue.

Top Bottom