• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

So I was going to order a Hagerman phono stage, then I saw this.

Krunok

Major Contributor
https://hagerman-audio-labs.myshopify.com/products/frycorder2-power-cord-burn-in-generator

And this one -
https://hagerman-audio-labs.myshopi...s/products/frybaby2-compact-burn-in-generator

Is he just catering to psychopaths , or does he really believe such things as power cord and speaker wire burn-in are real? I should ask the manufacturer directly, but I wanted to ask you first. He does post the schematics for his products, and I respect him for that.

Trully extraordinary - this is a whole new level of snake oil..

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Is he just catering to psychopaths , or does he really believe such things as power cord and speaker wire burn-in are real? I should ask the manufacturer directly, but I wanted to ask you first. He does post the schematics for his products, and I respect him for that.
If he believes it, he has my sympathies.
I've asked this of a few people "in the know" and been told some of these manufacturers really believe in the products they sell. It's hard to tell as many like this and the good folks at Synergistic Research have stepped over any fine line of believable marketing into the area of science fiction. It is MHO that in reality they are laughing all the way to the bank.
Personally I would never do business with any company that spreads FUD to a level like this.

FooYatChong

Thanks for the Synergistic Research reference. That is really mindblowing. :)

"So we began researching variables that could contribute to the mystery of midnight vs. mid-day system performance and came to the conclusion that man-made and solar RF must play a significant role. This led us to research of factors that contribute to fluctuations in the Earth’s ambient RF environment. Ted reasoned that if differences in RF can degrade the sound, then RF can be modeled and shaped to improve the sound."

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Certainly nothing to do with one's mental and physical state at 12 am versus 12 pm... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom