• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

lystor

did not you have more power with Atom?
Atom has more power than DX3 Pro.
But DX3 Pro has enough power for my 250 Ohm DT 1990 / DT 1770 even in low gain.

kprog

I have dt990pro 250, and I would like more power, even with Atom, sometimes I use it at maximum power and maximum gain.

lystor

I have dt990pro 250, and I would like more power, even with Atom, sometimes I use it at maximum power and maximum gain.
DT 1990 with their Beyerdynamic Tesla 2.0 technology is more sensitive than DT 990.
I sold my DT 990 one year ago due to an upgrade to DT 1990 Pro.

lucadoc

To prevent possible damages to the output stage due to the factory psu, mai I use a big 12V - 8A psu that I already have at home?

Veri

Master Contributor
To prevent possible damages to the output stage due to the factory psu, mai I use a big 12V - 8A psu that I already have at home?
As long as it's 15V***! should be good to go

Last edited:

Aibo

At last i try it out my self, and i can say i am very satisfied with this dx3 dac/preamp ,just strange that i cant hear difference in quality playing between Bluetooth via phone , optical connection straight thru media player and USB thru laptop (all playing spotify) could this be because BT is very high quality or just DAC do its best job and all connections? :rolleyes:

Video:

I also couldn't hear any difference playing 320kbps AAC through Bluetooth from my phone (compared to bit-perfect player from Win 10 with CD quality files). So all is fine, DX3 pro can give it's best through all inputs.

noel_fs

Hey guys, I wanted to read some opinions about this:

Ive always used foobar, but a few months ago tried jriver to see if there was some sound quality improvement because i saw people on forums stating there it was better. I was very sceptical about it, I literally thought it was placebo. Turns out that I tried it and noticed like an improvement or atleast a difference in the sound. I was using crappy headphones at the time so I didnt pay much attention to it.
Today I tried it again now that I have the HD580 and the sound is actually better, like way more refined and relaxed. Both Jriver and Foobar using wasapi. I dont even like Jriver itself. Wtf

caranthir

I'd like to buy this Dac/amp, there are any downsides on using a TRS adapter to 3.5mm? I'm usually using HD650 with a 6.35mm connector.

lystor

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey guys, I wanted to read some opinions about this:

Ive always used foobar, but a few months ago tried jriver to see if there was some sound quality improvement because i saw people on forums stating there it was better. I was very sceptical about it, I literally thought it was placebo. Turns out that I tried it and noticed like an improvement or atleast a difference in the sound. I was using crappy headphones at the time so I didnt pay much attention to it.
Today I tried it again now that I have the HD580 and the sound is actually better, like way more refined and relaxed. Both Jriver and Foobar using wasapi. I dont even like Jriver itself. Wtf

Jriver is said to be betrer but there is no explainable difference to my ears. It also SEEMS more "relaxed" to my ears but I highly doubt I could ABX them.

That player has the advantages of his drawbacks: not as easy to use as foobar, I think twice before changing the songs and happen to enjoy my listening time better.

Yes, you can use 12v dc, just pay attention to the polarity of the power supply plug. Minus (-) is outside and plus inside.

Attachments

• plug polarity.png
    plug polarity.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 213
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I bought @yue DX3Pro and I have been listening to it for 3 days so far. It is rock solid and working as well as my original unit. I will keep reporting as I continue to use it.

pejakovic1

I bought @yue DX3Pro and I have been listening to it for 3 days so far. It is rock solid and working as well as my original unit. I will keep reporting as I continue to use it.
First time in life I'm hoping a device dies, sorry :D but it is for the greater good :D

Stonetown

Just have to say that the DX3 is a nice companion to a tube-amp. Bringing nice digital connections to a thermionic valve amplifier. (Toslink to CD-player+Bluetooth to the Apple Watch+USB to the computer etc), so a very handy add-on, and sounding good too. Works perfect in all ways! Not to forget the remote with the volume control, thank you!
valve_amp2.jpg

Cheers /Per

Last edited:

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd recommend a pigtail adapter like this, as a regular adapter could put a ton of stress on the 3.5mm socket if your cable gets pulled or caught.

A little wooden cube or anything the right size just under the adapter would be cheaper.

Top Bottom