• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PS Audio Power Plant 3 AC Regen Review (Video)

sam_adams

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Better than the Headless Panther:
amirstinker.png

the 'Amir Stinker' rating!

Fidji

Why are you doing this to yourself @amirm ? You are never going to get those hours of your life back. PS Audio are snake oil merchants that much is clear.

I think something like "Wall of Shame" would be enough for companies like this. No need to waste the resources and time to prove the obvious again and again.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Why are you doing this to yourself @amirm ?
There are a lot of people who intuitively know these things don't do anything. But when challenged, they can't prove it. Now they can. They can simply link to this review to counter the many fluff ones that claim all kinds of crazy things being good for audio.

Cars-N-Cans

Why are you doing this to yourself @amirm ? You are never going to get those hours of your life back. PS Audio are snake oil merchants that much is clear.

I think something like "Wall of Shame" would be enough for companies like this. No need to waste the resources and time to prove the obvious again and again.
I like the videos. Maybe he may not feel its worth his time, but I genuinely appreciate the content, if nothing else.

FINFET

Forum Donor
Thank you so much for your time and efforts. YouTube videos will be pushed to more people outside ASR by algorithms so I believe it is helpful to spread some objectivist’s ideas. Without contents like yours the whole place will be occupied by ****** snake oil ads and that’s when I uninstall the app.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
There are a lot of people who intuitively know these things don't do anything. But when challenged, they can't prove it. Now they can. They can simply link to this review to counter the many fluff ones that claim all kinds of crazy things being good for audio.
Sadly a lot of people lack that basic intuition with audio in general. For example, if you think about it then it's fairly obvious why a linear frequency response is what we want. Same goes for power supplies. We have PC's and other sensitive equipment running on switching power supplies straight from the socket and somehow when we work with simple signals such as in the audio domain it suddenly is an issue?

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
@amirm its great to see you back in your Audio Lab being the slightly Mad Scientist we have come to know and love! Can always tell when you are in your happy place. Any semblance of normal is progress and everyone benefits from that. :cool:

Gremlins

You know, even of you give proof that this kind of stupid audio equipment is useless, some audio gear geeks will still need to believe it is highly usefull and recomended, no matter what you say and write, some guys just want to believe and hear nothing ... these guys are magical mens, they transform nothing to an expensive hobby hahaha . I believe that there are more guys like this in this hobby that we could imagine ..

read forums , its unbelievable how many folks speaks about useless topics about audio gears .. cable, power cable, rca cable, power regenerators, power plants, plugs, speaker spikes, speaker bananas, copper and silver cables etc etc etc ... when you start to read you understand that its always the same guys that talks about everything that is useless in this hobby, like a Mario fan

FujiwaraMokou

Before there's a lot of argument to whether if something outside of the transducer change things, but what were missed is that if there's changes, is the changes good?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Before there's a lot of argument to whether if something outside of the transducer change things, but what were missed is that if there's changes, is the changes good?
Well, there is no way to answer that because there is no change to characterize. If I wear red socks instead of black, the sound doesn't change. How would we answer the impact of red vs black socks on sound then?

FujiwaraMokou

Well, there is no way to answer that because there is no change to characterize. If I wear red socks instead of black, the sound doesn't change. How would we answer the impact of red vs black socks on sound then?
Yeah, socks are no way to be adjunct by any substances to sound reproduction, I guess. But any transducer plugged in with terrible output can't have good output.

audiofooled

Hard to say really. Maybe if you put on one red and one black it could introduce some channel imbalance...

Cars-N-Cans

Paul mentions the noise harvester.

Paul mentions the noise harvester reaping a bumper-crop when plugged into the PS Audio power plant.

Ok. Big-brain time. Take the noise harvester…. And put it inside the PS Audio power plant!

Noise problem: SOLVED.

1676377183296.gif

You can thank me later ;)

Top Bottom