• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 18 7.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 74 28.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 135 52.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 30 11.7%

• Total voters

McGuffin

I dont think so, I think the TB10D can not be bridged, just use a more powerful power adapter, Amir tested with the stocked 32V power supply, you can use a 48V power supply.
thanks for the reply. I had suspected as much. My intention was to use this amp as an adjunct to a Denon AVR for an Atmos channel until I could afford the amp set up that I really need for my home theater, then repurpose the Fosi. For the the $60 I paid for it, I’m satisfied. I figure that the up-powered supply basically doubles the cost of this amp, so less of a value proposition to my situation.

Kimbrough Xu

thanks for the reply. I had suspected as much. My intention was to use this amp as an adjunct to a Denon AVR for an Atmos channel until I could afford the amp set up that I really need for my home theater, then repurpose the Fosi. For the the $60 I paid for it, I’m satisfied. I figure that the up-powered supply basically doubles the cost of this amp, so less of a value proposition to my situation.
I agree with you, the Fosi TB10D is powerful enough for home speakers even with the stocked PSU.

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
It is a guessing game. There is no detent and center 12:00 is not flat. It really needs a tone defeat switch.
Thanks to Amir's suggestion. We have developed a new model BT20A Pro which has a detent and tone will be defeated at the center 12:00.

Blew

The TB10D is far more power for your 12W speakers.
Absolutely. I typically only have it at around 1/4 volume when feeding it with 2v from the Chromecast Audio. It does feel quite hot though, which is surprising for a class D amp.

SuperDerpBro

Mine totally loses balance at 1/4 or under. Sucks because it's SUPER loud at anything higher with 2v in. Past return window :/

hukkfinn

Has anybody found the TB10D to improve or change after X hours of break in?

Just received mine, $80 on Amazon, got the [Upgraded Version]. It's sounding ridiculously good for what it is.
I'm just playing tunes from my laptop (YouTube, Spotify) and using a pair of Vienna Acoustics bookshelf speakers from the early 2000s, the Haydn.
So far, wow. *Edit: I am using a DAC between my laptop and the TB10D, an Earstudio HUD100 mk2. $120 and about the size of a book of matches.

Last edited:

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Has anybody found the TB10D to improve or change after X hours of break in?

Just received mine, $80 on Amazon, got the [Upgraded Version]. It's sounding ridiculously good for what it is.
I'm just playing tunes from my laptop (YouTube, Spotify) and using a pair of Vienna Acoustics bookshelf speakers from the early 2000s, the Haydn.
So far, wow.
I'd say we can rule out any kind of "break-in improvement".
Enjoy the sound the way you hear it. For 79 euros I'd say it has incredible power reserves and respectable sound quality.
IMG_20230312_212456.jpg

hukkfinn

I'd say we can rule out any kind of "break-in improvement".
Enjoy the sound the way you hear it. For 79 euros I'd say it has incredible power reserves and respectable sound quality.
Thank you for your opinion and experience with this little monster of an amp.

Jeromeof

Forum Donor
I think break-in times are BS other than maybe a few minutes for speakers. But I do believe these TPA3255 based amplifiers (from both Fosi Audio and Aiyima) are excellent sounding devices (and not just "for the price") - I think spending more money would provide more "features" like remotes, more inputs etc but as a core 2 channel device these are great devices.

SIMJEDI

Received one of these today. I like it more than the A07. It has a warm sound that matches well with some Klipsch Reference R-40M's. Paired with a Mean Well HLG-320H-30A power supply (30V x 10.7A) it's cool, noiseless and can get pretty loud.

I'd say A07 for warm speakers if you would like to brighten them up some and the TB10D to add some warmth to bright speakers.

Very pleased with this little amplifier.

Last edited:

Brava210

I am maybe thinking of changing the power supply but have no idea where to purchase the 48v from

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I think break-in times are BS other than maybe a few minutes for speakers. But I do believe these TPA3255 based amplifiers (from both Fosi Audio and Aiyima) are excellent sounding devices (and not just "for the price") - I think spending more money would provide more "features" like remotes, more inputs etc but as a core 2 channel device these are great devices.
Thank you for your suggestions of the remote and more inputs features, they are great ideas and we will consider them carefully. I will let you know once we have any decisions.

hukkfinn

I am maybe thinking of changing the power supply but have no idea where to purchase the 48v from
Hi Brava,
You can visit Fosi's website and they have a 48V power supply for sale at $60, although I don't know if it really "delivers" - and it's not 10A, instead 5A
(which I think means its theoretical max power delivery is 240 watts or 120 watts per channel, which in the real world of power inefficiency probably means something like 90 wpc):
https://fosiaudioshop.com/collections/accessories/products/power-supply-adapter-48v-5a

A more robust option that comes from the medical supplies world, made by Protek Power, 48V and 10A (so theoretical max of 480 watts therefore 240 wpc, but again probably less due to expected inefficiency) but unfortunately $285, or 3.5 times what I paid for my Fosi TB10D:
https://www.trcelectronics.com/View/Protek/PMP400-18-S.shtml (also, probably will not have the correct connector to plug into the Fosi... I have an email into them)

Last edited:

Guddu

Yes, we have developed a fosi audio BT20A PRO which has center position of the tone controls.

@Fosi Audio
Simple tone defeat and basic remote (may be an option to use universal remote, if addition of physical remote isn't possible for cost) would make it choice for many.
I personally found Fosi product build quality better than others on this price point.
BTW, K5 pro DAC is another good product from your house.

Top Bottom