• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
hmmm... I think you are right !

quote from here https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/vat/index_en.htm :
"Buying online from another EU country"
[...]
"Any company that sold more than €10,000 in goods to other EU countries during the previous financial year must apply the VAT rate of the country of destination"

Then I really seriously ask myself why a VAT of 21% is always shown on my invoices from "soundimports.eu" and "diyclassd.com" (and not the German value of 19%) ?
(both are Dutch companies)
I think there's something wrong - can you explain it @Hypexsales ?

Fyi, might get a faster response from soundimports as hypexsales is likely busy at the Integrated Systems show (gauging by his recent email signature)

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you want get the rated power out of these modules you will need a separate power supply for each amp since there doesn't seem to be a single Hypex supply that will drive 2 or more amp modules to rated power.

Last edited:

maty

Major Contributor
More measurements, pictures...

Hypex Nilai 500 DIY
[Norwegian] https://www.hifisentralen.no/forumet/threads/hypex-nilai-500-diy.106207/

to English:

maty

Major Contributor
The last 2 kits on stock:

Hypex Nilai500DIY 250W Stereo Kit - 1.194,00 € UK VAT added in cart

nilai500diy-250w-stereo-kit_800x600-7.png

Dirk_67

There seems to be enough space in there to have two psu.
yes this is possible (I tried mechanically / not only photoshop)

you have to find a solution for the standby button to switch off both PSU (but I think this is not a big problem),
and a slightly bigger mains fuse in the mains plug (if you use 230V mains you can keep the 6,3A there)
(the PSUs have already their own "last fuse" 6.3A soldered onto the PCB (the rating is chosen with 120V use in mind))

Attachments

• Stereo_2x500W.png
    Stereo_2x500W.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 174
Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Isn't this a better, more efficient and cheaper solution?

They are probably discounting now that NC500OEM is phasing out and the new NCx500OEM coming.

Haskil

Forum Donor
I really do not understand why such videos are created. Horrible sound through mics + youtube, lot of talk without any sense eating a lot of time. Wasting time, nothing else.
Absolutely Stupid ! This video is a disaster, like the one made by the same site on different music library management software (Audirvana, Roon, Jriver, WMP...). An intellectual and formal disaster that had resulted in a better software following a comparison made anyhow. Idiophilia cartoon !

Haskil

Forum Donor
Nilai has correct bass, neither more nor less, which they have to be. I guess it is easily solvable (Purifi) with a bit of equalization.

With traditional recordings, that is, with real instruments (acoustic or electric) and voices without Autotune? Nilai stands out, impresses.

The piano, due to its many harmonics, is useful to detect deficiencies. In the test Purifi went wrong, very wrong. :eek:

Piano, guitar and cymbals sound are very useful for verifying the musicality of an amplifier.
I tested BoXem's purifi for almost a week at home. I use a class D amp ordinarily whose quality is remarkable an I have also others amplifiers.

I listen to classical music all the time and particularly the piano, but not only, but finally a lot of piano.

The purifi has nothing to be ashamed of, any more than my usual Gemincore (an old class D which must not have perfect measurements... yet but in any case not in the audible domain)... Its clean on everything the spectrum, no frequencies highlighted... and my speakers are large Focal-Divatech MC 210 passive professional monitors of really excellent quality... I'm sure that in normal use, none of these three class-D amps will be differentiable at equalized levels.

Vitola Kevin 2

Hello group, I have a question about security, thinking about the Hypex Nilai500DIY 250W Stereo kit.
when they finish assembling the kit, how it should be used, when they connect it to the electrical network and the speakers as well as the Dac, while the unit is running, let's say you can touch the unit without any risk of electric shock, or rather not to do to avoid dangers when using it, I read the manual but I had doubts, so I wanted to know how the owners present here use their units and also receive advice from everyone.

Vitola Kevin 2

I forgot to mention, I have it set on the default "medium gain," which is +21.7 dB, and 130 dB SNR, as per manufacturer specs.

Also, even after several hours of full volume playback, it's barely warmer than room temperature to the touch. My preamp is warmer!
Hello brother, one question, no risk to touch the unit when it is in operation?

jae

Major Contributor
If you followed the build instructions and the chassis is closed there is nothing to worry about.

Top Bottom