• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legacy Wavelet Attempted Review (Speaker Processor)

Rate this audio processor

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 161 93.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters

noiseangel

This is comment is my general response to the review of the Legacy Wavelet unit by Amir.
I am appalled by the fact that Amir did not recognize that his measurements have to be suspect and therefore should have:
1) returned the unit to the owner and have him contact the manufacturer or
2) contact the manufacturer himself.
I am really not surprised that just about everyone who responded acted like hyenas. Everybody appeared to be so happy to have this opportunity to scream bloody murder to the heavens about this situation something that to them appeared to be a major injustice.
"Look, it is obvious that we are being taken for a ride."
Forget, that Legacy is a reputable outfit that has been in the business successfully for decades.
Forget, that the Wavelet garnered a great review by Anthony Cordesman, a exceptionally competent reviewer.
Forget, that this Wavelet review appeared in The Absolute Sound magazine, a stalwart in the audiophile universe.
Forget, that this is a sample of one.

It was really gratifying to see that the owner of the unit contacted Legacy. Their response to the owner is very telling: even though the unit is out of warranty and even though the unit is not owned by the original purchaser, Legacy is not dismissing the issue.
I did not have time to read through all the screams of "oh, wow, we really got them by the you know what this time" and the ensuing feeding frenzy .
My bottom line feeling is that Amir, by rushing out and publishing this obviously questionable review, has done a great disservice to audiophile reviewing community.
Haste makes waste.
And remember, this is a sample of one!
With all the years experience of measuring equipment, I would have hoped that he had used significantly better judgement in how he handled this particular situation.
Forget, that the Wavelet garnered a great review by Anthony Cordesman, a exceptionally competent reviewer.
Not a single piece of test measurement equipment in sight. Perhaps it was the cables he was listening to and not the Wavelet. Exceptionally competent reviewer is an opinion held by you and may be Cordesman himself. Not by me. ZERO MEASUREMENTS. Pages of duck swill.

Forget, that this Wavelet review appeared in The Absolute Sound magazine, a stalwart in the audiophile universe.
STALWART? TRY WART. You would believe anything if you believe a glorified advertising RAG magazine like this one. ZERO MEASUREMENTS

Forget, that this is a sample of one.
A sample of ONE, being 100% failure rate. For something that cost $5000 and didn't last 6 years? Another 2 units tested would tell the story.

And remember, this is a sample of one!
We haven't forgotten, you don't have to remind us.

Pale Rider

Been living with my Valors for 2.5 years. Just recently upgraded my Wavelet to the Wavelet 2 (which quite clearly was not what was reviewed here). I have listened to many high end systems over my life. None have made me want to replace what I have here in my home. I enjoy and appreciate the information here. But no one perspective has answers for all questions. (BTW, setup is a piece of cake, and the results are easy to compare with one’s own ears.)

steve59

Major Contributor
Been living with my Valors for 2.5 years. Just recently upgraded my Wavelet to the Wavelet 2 (which quite clearly was not what was reviewed here). I have listened to many high end systems over my life. None have made me want to replace what I have here in my home. I enjoy and appreciate the information here. But no one perspective has answers for all questions. (BTW, setup is a piece of cake, and the results are easy to compare with one’s own ears.)
Legacy speakers have always interested me I think because of their ability to move massive amounts of air. I came close to buying the Axpona demo's last year, negotiated a great price then chickened out because my room size with 7' ceilings just seems to small for such massive speakers, that and a pair of blades came up locally for the same money.

Do you think the Aeris would be to much for a 3400 cu/ft room? would I lose the intimacy of detail in recordings from such large drivers?

Top Bottom