• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2 DAC troubleshoot help

OP
A

AJG

Can you plug the Oppo digital out into the RME in with coax?
That’s what I did & it worked thru the Oppo…just can’t get to play BluOS thru it. I reset the BluOS no luck still getting this screen……

Attachments

• F3D8FC57-2D33-4CE6-88CE-B743EA3D05BD.jpeg
    F3D8FC57-2D33-4CE6-88CE-B743EA3D05BD.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 50

tuga

Major Contributor
That’s what I did & it worked thru the Oppo…just can’t get to play BluOS thru it. I reset the BluOS no luck still getting this screen……
Have you tried plugging the streamer coax out into the Oppo (if that's possible)?

OP
A

AJG

Have you tried plugging the streamer coax out into the Oppo (if that's possible)?
I did, then it worked fine, got equalizing bars on the RME….when plugged digital cable back into BluOS Node 2i I just get this blanks screen where it should be reading 24/96 bit rate etc. it’s just not recognizing ANY signal….

Attachments

• BA9C95BD-C827-4265-B43B-2681D2B83CF4.jpeg
    BA9C95BD-C827-4265-B43B-2681D2B83CF4.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 39

droid2000

It looks like you are using coax in, but the clock is configured to internal. I think if it's coax in then it needs to use the external clock. Maybe try changing the RME clock to be a slave.

I know USB can use the internal clock, so you could also switch from coax to USB to see if that works.

OP
A

AJG

That didn't answer the question as to whether you selected the right input on the rme (ie telling it to receive coax in)
How do change the Inputs on the RME…I’m using Coax out of the BluOS & that’s what RME is set on….

OP
A

AJG

It looks like you are using coax in, but the clock is configured to internal. I think if it's coax in then it needs to use the external clock. Maybe try changing the RME clock to be a slave.

I know USB can use the internal clock, so you could also switch from coax to USB to see if that works.
I saw that thanks, any clue how to manually change the clock on the RME?

tuga

Major Contributor
I did, then it worked fine, got equalizing bars on the RME….when plugged digital cable back into BluOS Node 2i I just get this blanks screen where it should be reading 24/96 bit rate etc. it’s just not recognizing ANY signal….

I've googled and it seems to have happened a few times (no signal with coaxial output).
It might be worth reporting: select Help > Send Support Request in the App

droid2000

I saw that thanks, any clue how to manually change the clock on the RME?
Oops, I guess you can't change the clock. From page 26 of the manual:

>>>Clock Source Shows the current clock source INT (internal), optical or SPDIF coaxial. The clock source is automatically determined and set by the unit, a selection is neither possible nor necessary. With USB the internal clock is used, with SPDIF the external one.

Since the DAC worked with the Oppo, but not the BluOS, all signs are pointing to the BluOS not being configured correctly.

Reactions: AJG

unpluggged

How do change the Inputs on the RME…I’m using Coax out of the BluOS & that’s what RME is set on….
First, your output is muted.
Second, why did you select internal clock source when using coaxial input? You must select coaxial as clock source.

OP
A

AJG

Second, why did you select internal clock source when using coaxial input? You must select coaxial as clock source.
can u run me thru how I can change both on these menus it’s really confusing thanks so much! I can’t find a way to change the clock or unmute Output

tuga

Major Contributor
From the manual:

Clock Source
Shows the current clock source INT (internal), optical or SPDIF coaxial.
The clock source is automatically deter- mined and set by the unit, a selection is neither possible nor necessary.
With USB the internal clock is used, with SPDIF the external one.

unpluggged

From the manual:

Clock Source
Shows the current clock source INT (internal), optical or SPDIF coaxial.
The clock source is automatically deter- mined and set by the unit, a selection is neither possible nor necessary.
With USB the internal clock is used, with SPDIF the external one.
I did not realize that on ADI-2 DAC, in contrast with ADI-2 Pro, you cannot select the clock source. Then this must be some kind of glitch.

can u run me thru how I can change both on these menus it’s really confusing thanks so much! I can’t find a way to change the clock or unmute Output
You can unmute the output by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control unit or by using the corresponding setting in the I/O menu. But I think that muted output is not so relevant to your problem. First we need to fix the issue with wrong clock source. Try to connect another source, like USB, and then disconnect it to see if this helps. If it does not, try to reset the unit to factory settings.

OP
A

AJG

I did not realize that on ADI-2 DAC, in contrast with ADI-2 Pro, you cannot select the clock source. Then this must be some kind of glitch.

You can unmute the output by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control unit or by using the corresponding setting in the I/O menu. But I think that muted output is not so relevant to your problem. First we need to fix the issue with wrong clock source. Try to connect another source, like USB, and then disconnect it to see if this helps. If it does not, try to reset the unit to factory settings.
I removed the Digital cable and inserted optical cable from BluOS to RME & it’s now working….so Oppo digital cable to RME works and Optical cable from BluOS to RME works just not Digital Cable from BluOS to RME….Bizarre! Lol

tuga

Major Contributor
I removed the Digital cable and inserted optical cable from BluOS to RME & it’s now working….so Oppo digital cable to RME works and Optical cable from BluOS to RME works just not Digital Cable from BluOS to RME….Bizarre! Lol
There are people complaining about the same COAX problem on the Bluesound forum (e.g.), I'd contact the manufacturer's support.

OP
A

AJG

There are people complaining about the same COAX problem on the Bluesound forum (e.g.), I'd contact the manufacturer's support.
I did I posted on the RME Forum waiting for responses thanks

OP
A

AJG

I figured it out….had the digital cable coming out of the Subwoofer out instead of Coax I’m an idiot thanks for all the responses you guys are awesome

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I did I posted on the RME Forum waiting for responses thanks
The issue isn't with the rme. No point posting there.

Top Bottom