• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 493 82.2%

• Total voters

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just got these. For my ears the bass is overcooked, heard in drum kick and floor toms especially so far. Sounds quite good though overall, with a bit too much sizzle up top. I do not find them uncomfortable. The Tangzu Waner came as well today and seem quite bad in comparison -- thick weird mids, and do not seem hi fi.
I had the exact same experience witn Tangzu Wan'er but turns out my experience was caused by fit. I was able to get a good seal and fit with the white tips and they actually sound decent. I am sure you tried this but just wanted to put it out there :)

Stoutblock

Forum Donor
I am getting more fond of these over time but lately I’m having a problem with the tips coming off when I remove them from my ears. The tips stays in the ear canal. I like the large tips and they do fit tight but think they provide the best sound experience. I guess I could glue them?

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am getting more fond of these over time but lately I’m having a problem with the tips coming off when I remove them from my ears. The tips stays in the ear canal. I like the large tips and they do fit tight but think they provide the best sound experience. I guess I could glue them?
Experiencing the Same!!
Better , perhaps 3rd party tips?
Recommendations? People?

Peace.

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
I'm generally happy with Spinfit tips. Measure the nozzle size to make sure they fit.

These could be good. (I do not own these IEMs so you'll to figure it out yourself)

raif71

Major Contributor
The whys this might be so:
1) You pushed the iem too far back
2) Tips not fit properly on the iem nozzle
3) You have sticky ear canals

:)

staticV3

Master Contributor
What is the cheapest dongle to power these.
Here's one for $2:
Screenshot_20230205-104714_AliExpress.png
It can power the Truthear Zero.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Are you sure? I triied the apple dongle and it could not get a decent volume
Well you didn't specify "cheapest dongle that can drive these to x dB".

As for the Apple dongle, if you're on Android, then you only get 25% of the volume by default.
You have to do a workaround to get full volume. See here.

With full volume, the A2049 Apple dongle can drive the Zero to 124dB SPL in the bass. That's permanent hearing damage levels of volume.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What is the cheapest dongle to power these.
EU or rest of world? The $9 apple dongle is a safe bet but with caveats about how you need to unlock its full volume. What would be your source? Iphone, Android or desktop?

ehabheikal

EU or rest of world? The $9 apple dongle is a safe bet but with caveats about how you need to unlock its full volume. What would be your source? Iphone, Android or desktop?
I mostly use android, rest of household use apple. Roon, and no pc.
Apreciate the help.

ehabheikal

Is the a dongle decent quality that works with android without workarounds, i know this must be the case since my nx4 works flawlessly with android

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is the a dongle decent quality that works with android without workarounds, i know this must be the case since my nx4 works flawlessly with android

I would recommend looking at the Qudelix 5K. You can use it as a dongle if you wish, but it's more convenient to use the LDAC bluetooth connection:

I use my Q5K with IEMs (TxC, Moondrop Starfields, etc.) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD 660 S and Hifiman Drop HE-4XX). It's a mini-marvel.

Note, the Q5K also works great on PC as a DAC. The Qudelix Chrome add-in gives you full control over the Q5K including the ability to apply parametric EQ.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I would recommend looking at the Qudelix 5K. You can use it as a dongle if you wish, but it's more convenient to use the LDAC bluetooth connection:

I use my Q5K with IEMs (TxC, Moondrop Starfields, etc.) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD 660 S and Hifiman Drop HE-4XX). It's a mini-marvel.

Note, the Q5K also works great on PC as a DAC. The Qudelix Chrome add-in gives you full control over the Q5K including the ability to apply parametric EQ.
+1

ehabheikal

I want to give these as a gift to non audiophile so i need to make it a simple as possible and for me i am getting fiio btr7. I use wavelet to equalize and i thank my lucky stars that wavelet works on my setup.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I want to give these as a gift to non audiophile so i need to make it a simple as possible and for me i am getting fiio btr7. I use wavelet to equalize and i thank my lucky stars that wavelet works on my setup.

Then get the Apple USB-C adapter for them. I would get the Q5K over the BTR7, the software is lightyears ahead (I own a Fiio BTR3, Radsone ES100 and Q5K). Wavelet is flaky on my phone with my players, for PEQ I use the Q5K or PowerAmp (or UAPP).

Last edited:

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I noticed this morning while watching YouTube, people sound a bit strange on Zero. Linus of LTT for example sounds a bit nasal, like he has the flu (I checked with HæDæ600, he does not) and with some other people "S" sounds were ringing. Is this a problem with the IEM or YouTube or me?

Last edited:

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I find them to sound a bit nasal out of the box, and I find the Harman 2019v2 curve to be sibilant. Fortunately, those problems go away with EQ, and with that in place they sound natural to me.
Any suggestions on EQ settings that worked for you for this IEM?

Honken

I found the AutoEQ based off Crinacles measurement to be good in combination with the treble-adjustment down to Oratory1990s target.

I ignored filters 5 and 10. Set filter 1 to whatever you feel like.

The notch to the treble can be found here, I ignored the bass boost of this target.

Top Bottom