• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf Cue-100 - Passive speaker with Purifi drivers

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can get the same woofer in the march Audio Sointuvas including the passive radiators for under $4000 pr, so Eu 9980 each is a complete deal breaker.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

3125b

Major Contributor
I just don't see the point. It's bigger than most floorstanders incl. the stand (597 x 1196 x 520 mm) yet only a 2-way speaker with one 6.5" woofer.
Also in terms of design - sure, it's nice that it's not just another black box for that kind of money, but I wouldn't call it good-looking either, it's kind of awkward like they didn't know what they wanted to go with and just did everything.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I just don't see the point. It's bigger than most floorstanders incl. the stand (597 x 1196 x 520 mm) yet only a 2-way speaker with one 6.5" woofer.
Also in terms of design - sure, it's nice that it's not just another black box for that kind of money, but I wouldn't call it good-looking either, it's kind of awkward like they didn't know what they wanted to go with and just did everything.
Sometimes high end speakers look awkward just to be different, to set themselves apart from the hoi polloi.

Steven Holt

Forum Donor
I don't buy that low end FR with a 18cm driver. Would love to see these bench - tested.

fineMen

Major Contributor

A good looking speaker from when good design was rather the norm than a sanctuary extra: https://braunaudio.de/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/braun-L420-nussbaum-furnier-light.jpg

or: https://braunaudio.de/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/braun-vintage-lautsprecher-L-810-kangaroo-LF700.jpg

Last edited:

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Interesting design choice of making it triangular, but it will create worse diffraction.....

Godataloss

Seriously...those are nice drivers that Bruno came up with. But if that poor little thing tries to make substantial bass, the resulting cone motion will make enough phase modulation intermod that all the driver work is pointless.
Claimed 35 hz. Someone is dreaming

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting design choice of making it triangular, but it will create worse diffraction.....
Maybe. Although I doubt the target demographic even knows what diffraction is. Or cares.

Vict0r

The custom wooden stands are very tasteful. That's a spicy price to pay to keep the wives happy, though.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The custom wooden stands are very tasteful. That's a spicy price to pay to keep the wives happy, though.
I daresay WAF has tripped up many a would-be audiophile.

Vict0r

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Vict0r

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
i imagine if your stuff isn't pushing 10,000 Euros, people like 6 Moons just ignore it.

fineMen

Major Contributor
Hahaha, so true. Genelec; ending marriages since 1978.
The specimen here--the stands look a bit saggy, ol' soft and voluminous below the unexpectedly small, desirably once-active part. The struts look folded in. I imagine the stands, due to their huge surface area in particular, to smell of waxy wood polish. On the other hand, the sensitve parts are covered up by some non-blocking tarpaulin to maintain the fun.

To me that doesn't look much like 'Danish Design'. DD was always thrifty, economical to the bones. It was meant not only to look but to actually be so effective. What can one say about the commercial offer in question?

Dennis Murphy

Major Contributor
Technical Expert
Hahaha, so true. Genelec; ending marriages since 1978.
And spouses terminating speaker lines as well:
1-may-30-2016-phil3-walnut-burl-pepperwood-jpg.3397456

Philharmonic Audio Model 3 RIP

Dougey_Jones

Forum Donor
Driver surrounds are hideous.

Top Bottom